inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: David Frost dies of a heart atack at 74

Written By: ninny on 09/01/13 at 6:51 am

Veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost has died at the age of 74 after a suspected heart attack while on board a cruise ship.

A family statement said he had been giving a speech aboard the Queen Elizabeth on Saturday night.

Sir David's career spanned journalism, comedy writing and daytime television presenting, including The Frost Report.

Internationally, he will be remembered for his revealing interviews with former US President Richard Nixon.

A statement said: "His family are devastated and ask for privacy at this difficult time. A family funeral will be held in the near future and details of a memorial service will be announced in due course."

The BBC's Barney Jones, who edited his Breakfast with Frost programme on the BBC for more than 10 years, said: "David loved broadcasting, did it brilliantly for more than 50 years and was eagerly looking forward to a host of projects - including interviewing the prime minister next week - before his sudden and tragic death. We will all miss him enormously."

Prime Minister David Cameron said: "My heart goes out to David Frost's family. He could be - and certainly was with me - both a friend and a fearsome interviewer."
R.I.P Sir David :\'(

Subject: Re: David Frost dies of a heart atack at 74

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/01/13 at 7:35 am

He used to have an on-and-off relationship with actress (and March '65 Playboy centerfold)  Carol Lynley, starlet of The Maltese Bippy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/13 at 12:41 pm

I am sadden for it is another person I grown up admiring has passed-on.

R.I.P. Sir David Forst  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 09/01/13 at 3:29 pm

R.I.P David Frost. :\'(

Written By: 291obob on 09/01/13 at 4:48 pm

So sad - and what's spooky is it comes so close to Renton Skinner hosting a brand new series of Through the Keyhole. Somewhere I have a couple of MP3 files of The Beach Boys singing on The David Frost Show, and as a broadcaster, he has never changed since those days.

As Phil says, another name from our not-so-distant past has gone. Spooky. RIP.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/13 at 2:21 am

So sad - and what's spooky is it comes so close to Renton Skinner hosting a brand new series of Through the Keyhole. Somewhere I have a couple of MP3 files of The Beach Boys singing on The David Frost Show, and as a broadcaster, he has never changed since those days.

As Phil says, another name from our not-so-distant past has gone. Spooky. RIP.
... and the start of the new "Through The Keyhole" is best described as NOT a fitting tribute.

Written By: Paul on 09/02/13 at 3:39 am

He shot to fame as the host of BBC's groundbreaking satire show, 'That Was The Week That Was' which Peter Cook never totally forgave him for...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/12/13 at 10:23 am

Close family and friends of the broadcaster and writer Sir David Frost have attended his funeral yesterday.

Veteran chat show host Sir Michael Parkinson, comedian Ronnie Corbett and broadcaster Stephen Fry were among the congregation at the Holy Trinity Church in Nuffield, Oxfordshire.

Sir David died at the age of 74 on 1 September after suffering a heart attack while on board a cruise ship.

The BBC understands a public memorial service will be held at a later date.

A close friend of the legendary broadcaster, who did not want to be named, described the funeral ceremony, which included hymns and readings, as "touching".

Check for new replies or respond here...