inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi is in another castle.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/19/13 at 9:08 pm

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7809144320/hAB9D9441/

RIP, Yamauchi-san.

Thank you for half a century of service to Nintendo. Thank you for hiring Shigeru Miyamoto, whose legacy only began with Donkey Kong and Mario. Thank you, in other words, not only for the second half of my childhood's gaming, but for half of my adulthood's worth of gaming on top of that.

Subject: Re: Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi is in another castle.

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/13 at 5:31 pm

Thank you for the Nintendo Game and Watch, the NES, the GameBoy, the Super NES and the Game Boy Advance SP.  Everything else is meh.

I just bought some old school Nintendo 8-Bit cartridges in his honour tonight.  Actually, I was going to buy them anyway.  R.I.P. to a man who introduced the world to a game system that would revolutionize the video game world.  I still play NES and Game Boy Advance!

Written By: nally on 09/20/13 at 5:57 pm

Of all the above products, I only have the standard GameBoy...which I still use today. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:18 pm

Of all the above products, I only have the standard GameBoy...which I still use today. :)

I still have my Gameboy.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 10/01/13 at 9:19 pm

The first video game system I was ever introduced to was the original Nintendo (NES), and the first game Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt.

I/we owned over the years an NES, Super Nintendo (Super NES), (I think) Game Boy, Sega Genesis (on two occasions, pre-Sega Channel and Sega Channel-era), and Nintendo 64. Today, I still have my N64, but I guess my connections were wonky or it aged. It still turns on, but no video or sound.  :-\\

I leave you with...

CxMpw37ii1c

Check for new replies or respond here...