inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Marcia Wallace dies at 70 (actress from 'The Simpsons' & 'The Bob Newhart Show)

Written By: warped on 10/26/13 at 11:56 am

Marcia Wallace -- who voiced Edna Krabappel on "The Simpsons" -- died last night in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

Marcia's caregiver tells us ... the actress passed away at home with her family by her side.  We're told she had been sick for the past few months ... but the caregiver couldn't go into specifics.

Wallace, who was also a breast cancer survivor for 28 years, has died at age 70, according to the showrunner of The Simpsons. “I was tremendously saddened to learn this morning of the passing of the brilliant and gracious Marcia Wallace,” producer Al Jean said in a statement to EW. “She was beloved by all at The Simpsons and we intend to retire her irreplaceable character.”

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/blog.soapoperafan.com/2009/02/marcia-wallace.jpg

R.I.P Marcia.

Subject: Re: Marcia Wallace dies at 70 (actress from 'The Simpsons' & 'The Bob Newhart Show)

Written By: nally on 10/26/13 at 12:03 pm

So sad to hear this. :\'(

I know she voiced Edna Krabappel, Bart's school teacher, on the Simpsons (in addition to other acting roles on other TV shows).

In addition, she was a semi-regular panelist on "Match Game", both in the original long-running classic version hosted by Gene Rayburn, and in the short-lived early 90's revival.

She will be missed. :\'(

Subject: Re: Marcia Wallace dies at 70 (actress from 'The Simpsons' & 'The Bob Newhart Show)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/13 at 12:32 pm

Bummer :(

Written By: Howard on 10/26/13 at 3:34 pm

R.I.P Marcia Wallace  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/26/13 at 4:21 pm

I'm surprised nobody made mention of her performance as Bob Newhart's secretary on the first "Bob Newhart Show" of the 1970's.  :-\\

I had a secretary of my own in the 1980's who reminded me of Marcia.  :)

Written By: ninny on 10/26/13 at 5:31 pm

How very sad, loved her on both The Bob Newhart Show and The Simpsons..R.I.P Marcia :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/13 at 8:46 pm

How very sad, loved her on both The Bob Newhart Show and The Simpsons..R.I.P Marcia :\'(

I never realized she was Mrs. Krabaple.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/13 at 9:22 pm

Is it weird that the first thing I think of is Mrs. Carruthers on Full House?  I also remember her as a frequent panelist on Super Password in the 80s.  She was a great actress and I can't even think of a thing she was in that I did not enjoy. 

R.I.P.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/26/13 at 9:53 pm

Sad to hear!  I've been watching her as 'Carol' on Bob Newhart a lot lately...

Too soon to go!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Marcia Wallace

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/26/13 at 11:49 pm

this upset me terribly. I always liked her on the Simpsons.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/13 at 12:46 am

from season 15 Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore.... I couldn't find the video

Mrs. Krabappel: Milhouse? What happened to my little class coward?
Milhouse: What do you care, Mrs. Krabappel. Or should I say, Mrs. Crab Apple!
Kearney: Crab Apple? I never thought of that.

;D

Written By: Howard on 10/27/13 at 4:20 pm

me neither.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/13 at 11:48 pm

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2013/11/krabappel-simpsons-goodbye-660.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/13 at 1:25 am

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2013/11/krabappel-simpsons-goodbye-660.jpg

Nice!

Written By: Howard on 11/06/13 at 7:41 am

Nice.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...