inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Irene Kane, star of Stanley Kubrick film Killer's Kiss, dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/13 at 1:40 am

Irene Kane, the female lead in Stanley Kubrick's 1955 film Killer's Kiss, has died in New York of pancreatic cancer.

Kane, who later co-authored celebrity autobiographies under her married name Chris Chase, played a dancer who falls for a boxer in Kubrick's crime drama.

The actress would later say it was "a silly movie" that had been made "with no money no names".

Kane, who died on 31 October, went on to appear on Broadway and on television before moving into journalism.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, her family declined to confirm her age at the time of her death.

The former model was married in 1962 to television producer Michael Chase, the son of Pulitzer-winning playwright Mary.

She went on to co-author the autobiographies of actress Rosalind Russell, comedian Alan King and one-time First Lady Betty Ford.

Kubrick, whose later films would include Dr Strangelove, 2001: a Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange and The Shining, died in 1999.

Subject: Re: Irene Kane, star of Stanley Kubrick film Killer's Kiss, dies

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/13 at 11:26 pm

That was a good movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/13 at 12:19 am

That was a good movie.
I just looked at my Kubrick DVD collection and I do not have "Killer's Kiss.

:\'(

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/13 at 1:26 am

I just looked at my Kubrick DVD collection and I do not have "Killer's Kiss.

:\'(

I watched it in my Stanley Kubrick film class

Check for new replies or respond here...