inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker dies in car wreck

Written By: Claybricks on 11/30/13 at 9:23 pm

'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker dies in car wreck

ABC News

Posted on November 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Updated today at 9:18 PM

ABC News has confirmed the death of actor Paul Walker, best known for his starring role in the "Fast and Furious" film series.

He was 40 years old.

According to initial published reports, Walker died Saturday in a car crash in Santa Clarita, California along with a companion.

http://www.wfaa.com/entertainment/Fast-and-Furious-star-Paul-Walker-dies-in-car-wreck-233953731.html?c=n&fb=y&can=n

Dan

Subject: Re: 'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker dies in car wreck

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/30/13 at 10:04 pm

This is so tragic.

Paul was one of my celebrity crushes :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 11/30/13 at 10:17 pm

Oh my God!! I am genuinely shocked!

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/30/13 at 10:30 pm

I saw a picture of the crash scene.  Whoever was driving (so far the reports say that Walker was the passenger) was driving WAY too fast.  Pieces of the car strewn all over the place and the car was completely in flames.  I wonder what happened?

Written By: Ripley on 12/01/13 at 12:25 am

Directly after reading of his passing I started crying.  He has always been a great actor and person.  I'm having feelings of disbelief.  This is devastating.  :\'(

Written By: Emman on 12/01/13 at 1:12 pm

I saw a picture of the crash scene.  Whoever was driving (so far the reports say that Walker was the passenger) was driving WAY too fast.  Pieces of the car strewn all over the place and the car was completely in flames.  I wonder what happened?

The driver was a friend of Paul Walker and a former race car driver.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/01/13 at 3:07 pm

The accident scene looked quite horrific, Porsche was unrecognizeable!  Torn apart and rear wheels (I think) facing the sky!  And they were in a 45 mph zone.  Yikes! 

He should have found a better driver! 

RIP

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/01/13 at 5:17 pm

The accident scene looked quite horrific, Porsche was unrecognizeable!  Torn apart and rear wheels (I think) facing the sky!  And they were in a 45 mph zone.  Yikes! 

He should have found a better driver! 

RIP

The authorities have a theory that the accident might have been speed related.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/03/13 at 4:45 am

Brings James Dean to mind.....

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/03/13 at 5:30 am

I saw a followup article at TMZ. Apparently there was a gas meter right where the car crashed, and that's what fed the big fire.

Subject: Re: Paul Walker death, lawsuit dismissed

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/16 at 1:02 pm

A court has dismissed a lawsuit that sought to blame Porsche for the crash that killed Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker.

Walker, 40, was riding in a Porsche Carrera GT driven by his friend Roger Rodas when the car span out of control in California in November 2013.

US District Judge Philip Gutierrez on Monday rejected a lawsuit filed by the driver's widow, Kristine Rodas.

http://news.sky.com/story/1673326/porsche-cleared-of-blame-in-paul-walker-crash

Written By: Ripley on 04/07/16 at 6:34 pm

A court has dismissed a lawsuit that sought to blame Porsche for the crash that killed Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker.

Walker, 40, was riding in a Porsche Carrera GT driven by his friend Roger Rodas when the car span out of control in California in November 2013.

US District Judge Philip Gutierrez on Monday rejected a lawsuit filed by the driver's widow, Kristine Rodas.

It's Roger Rodas's fault cause he sped on a public street. That car was only made to race on a track, not street race. I don't know if Paul told him to slow down. But even if he did and Rodas started to do so he would have likely lost control anyway. Everyone always wants to blame the car companies. Yes there are malfunctions. But here it was the driver's fault. I didn't need to see a judge's ruling to know that. Others have tried to sue the company in the same case. I really do miss Paul :'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/07/16 at 7:48 pm

'Twas an interesting ruling as I understand. Apparently they sued Porsche claiming that the gas tank was defective and should not have leaked fuel in the crash. The suit was thrown out, however, because Rodas' autopsy indicated that he died immediately due to blunt force trauma, so the whole gas tank thing was irrelevant to his death.

Now WALKER's family is suing, claiming that his seat belt would not release and that he otherwise could have escaped the flaming wreck.

Bottom line is that these two knuckleheads were out pretending that they were "fast and furious" but ended up fast and dead.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/16 at 8:11 am

The teenage daughter of Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker has been awarded a $10.1m (£7.15m) settlement from the estate of the man who was behind the wheel of the Porsche in which both men died.

Check for new replies or respond here...