inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anybody have a clue if Phil Everly's memorial is going to be televised?

Written By: Marian on 01/16/14 at 9:20 pm

Anyone?

Subject: Re: Does anybody have a clue if Phil Everly's memorial is going to be televised?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/16/14 at 9:20 pm

I haven't heard, sorry. :(

Subject: Re: Does anybody have a clue if Phil Everly's memorial is going to be televised?

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/14 at 11:53 pm

I doubt it... not unless VH1 or MTV decide to do it... sadly there may be clips but I doubt he will get the tribute he deserves

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/14 at 12:23 am

Is there a Country Western TV channel that may show it?

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/14 at 3:51 am

we have CMT.... is Phil everly considered country? or is that what he did after the bros? I never thought of them as anything but a 50s duo

Written By: Marian on 01/17/14 at 9:49 am

That's what I was thinking.

Written By: Marian on 01/17/14 at 2:30 pm

we have CMT.... is Phil everly considered country? or is that what he did after the bros? I never thought of them as anything but a 50s duo
Have you heard "Keep A-Lovin' Me" and "The Sun Keeps Shining"?Definitely country western.

Written By: Marian on 01/17/14 at 3:03 pm

:\'(

I doubt it... not unless VH1 or MTV decide to do it... sadly there may be clips but I doubt he will get the tribute he deserves
I agree.I get this vibe like they're waiting for Don to kick off so they can do a 2-for-1 deal. :(

Written By: Howard on 01/17/14 at 3:22 pm

I haven't heard, sorry. :(

Me neither, I doubt if VH1 or MTV will even acknowledge him.

Written By: Marian on 01/17/14 at 9:59 pm

Me neither, I doubt if VH1 or MTV will even acknowledge him.
Do either of those channels even have music on them anymore?

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/14 at 1:28 am

Have you heard "Keep A-Lovin' Me" and "The Sun Keeps Shining"?Definitely country western.

no I haven't

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/14 at 1:34 am

Generally in the UK funerals live on television are for people important for the country. Reporters are in attendance for the news channels.

Have you considered going to the funeral?

Written By: Marian on 01/18/14 at 7:36 am

Generally in the UK funerals live on television are for people important for the country. Reporters are in attendance for the news channels.

Have you considered going to the funeral?
I live in California.I believe the actual funeral was already held. :-\\

Written By: Marian on 01/18/14 at 7:37 am

no I haven't
Check them out on You tube.Ialso recommend their Italian language recordings.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/14 at 7:51 am

I live in California.I believe the actual funeral was already held. :-\\
In this report in the LA Times it states the funeral will be private.

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-phil-everly-20140104,0,1781104,full.story#axzz2pQfAHCgY

Written By: Marian on 01/18/14 at 10:32 am

In this report in the LA Times it states the funeral will be private.

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-phil-everly-20140104,0,1781104,full.story#axzz2pQfAHCgY
Yes.But funeral and memorial service are 2 different things.Orther :-\\wise directions wouldn't be posted on the net

Written By: Howard on 01/18/14 at 3:54 pm

Do either of those channels even have music on them anymore?

mostly reality shows now. They did away with music television quite a long time ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/14 at 4:00 pm

Yes.But funeral and memorial service are 2 different things.Orther :-\\wise directions wouldn't be posted on the net
A memorial service for Muhlenberg County native Phil Everly, half of the Everly Brothers singing duo, is planned for 2 p.m. Saturday at the Merle Travis Center in Powderly Kentucky

Which Saturday, today or next week?

Written By: Marian on 01/19/14 at 10:32 am

A memorial service for Muhlenberg County native Phil Everly, half of the Everly Brothers singing duo, is planned for 2 p.m. Saturday at the Merle Travis Center in Powderly Kentucky

Which Saturday, today or next week?
yesterday

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/14 at 2:31 pm

yesterday

Written By: Marian on 01/19/14 at 7:07 pm

Today would have been his 75th birthday. :( :\'(

Written By: Marian on 01/26/14 at 2:44 pm

There is a tribute to Phil Everly on the Grammys tonight

Check for new replies or respond here...