inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Philip Seymour Hoffman

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/14 at 12:43 pm

Two days after being pronounced dead via an internet hoax...Philip Seymour Hoffman may actually be dead.
Apparently his body was found today in his ny apt a victim of an apparent over dose.

Another phenomenal talent cut short because of addiction. This is a tragedy.

:\'(

Thanks for your body of work Phil. Sorry you sucked at the life part of living. 

Subject: Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman

Written By: Dagwood on 02/02/14 at 12:50 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/02/phillip-seymour-hoffman-dead-apparent-overdose/

I know it's tmz, as trashy as they are, they are usually right.  All I see elsewhere is breaking news with no articles.

Wow, so sad.  Rest in Peace, Mr. Hoffman. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/14 at 1:12 pm

Bummer.  I was hoping to see him reprise his character from Along Came Polly some day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbDcnUH6rOc

The NY Post reports he was found with a needle in his arm.  There's some worse-than-normal dope going around lately.  Here in Picksburgh we have had 22 deaths in the past week or so due to heroin laced with Fentanyl.

Written By: ninny on 02/02/14 at 1:13 pm

Two days after being pronounced dead via an internet hoax...Philip Seymour Hoffman may actually be dead.
Apparently his body was found today in his ny apt a victim of an apparent over dose.

Another phenomenal talent cut short because of addiction. This is a tragedy.

Thanks for your body of work Phil. Sorry you sucked at the life part of living.

This is so sad and tragic..God I hate that drugs have ruined another life >:( He was a great actor :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/14 at 1:14 pm

Sad news!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/14 at 1:27 pm

There's already 4 "RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman" pages over at Facebook.  The news must be spreading fast.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/02/14 at 1:28 pm

So sad.  PSH was one of my favorite actors.  I loved him in everything from Scent of a Woman to Capote.  I was hoping it was a hoax.  But no.

As Brant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmA-WSNhmRQ

As Truman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwpVqRLsVSI

Written By: nally on 02/02/14 at 1:47 pm

Sad news!

My thoughts exactly!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/02/14 at 2:24 pm

I just found out about this on Tumblr. I want to curl into a ball and stay in the dark for a while  :\'(

I've got to stop liking celebrities. They all keep leaving me.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/14 at 3:51 pm

Such a fine actor. RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/14 at 7:17 pm

My favourite role of his was in MI:3
I'd never seen him in such a vicious role like that before, and he was so great at it.

R.I.P. to a great actor

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/14 at 7:22 pm

I'd never seen him in such a vicious role like that before, and he was so great at it.

R.I.P. to a great actor

He was pretty good in "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" with Marisa Tomei too.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/14 at 12:14 am

R.I.P. to a great actor

I really liked him in Doubt...

of course now I'm all stressed out about Mocking Jay parts 1 & 2  granted MJ 1 is in post production but I don't know if he's finished all his ADR yet.... and MJ 2 is still in the production stages...  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 02/03/14 at 2:21 am

I really liked him in Doubt...

of course now I'm all stressed out about Mocking Jay parts 1 & 2  granted MJ 1 is in post production but I don't know if he's finished all his ADR yet.... and MJ 2 is still in the production stages...  :-\\

"His death will not affect the films' release dates of November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114334

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/14 at 2:28 am

"His death will not affect the films' release dates of November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114334

well that's good... I mean if knew Mocking Jay one was in the can but ADR is done in post so I was afraid maybe they hadn't gotten to him yet...  7 days left of work is still kind of a lot if he's got a big scene they hadn't filmed yet... I remain worried about the integrity of the part 2....

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/14 at 5:16 pm

I just saw in the news that the cops have pretty much ruled out fowl play.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 02/03/14 at 7:22 pm

I just saw in the news that the cops have pretty much ruled out fowl play.  :-\\

they say it could've been drug overdose.  :(

Written By: Dagwood on 02/03/14 at 7:31 pm

they say it could've been drug overdose.  :(

It was a drug overdose.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/14 at 7:39 pm

It was a drug overdose.

I didn't know the toxicology results were back yet.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/03/14 at 7:54 pm

I didn't know the toxicology results were back yet.

They found him with a needle sticking out of his arm and heroin packets all around him.  He fell off the wagon last year.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/04/14 at 1:21 am

http://i.imgur.com/yfSaoBG.jpg

RIP, versatile guy.  Too damn young. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/14 at 5:27 am

New York City police have found up to 70 bags of suspected heroin in actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's home, a day after his death, US media say.

Written By: warped on 02/04/14 at 7:45 am

One of the best actors of his generation, and one of my favorite younger actors over the last 20 years.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/14 at 7:52 am

New York City police have found up to 70 bags of suspected heroin in actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's home, a day after his death, US media say.

Wow, so sad.  :(

Written By: ninny on 02/04/14 at 5:12 pm

One of the best actors of his generation, and one of my favorite younger actors over the last 20 years.

He has to be one of the most versatile actors in the last 20 years. He grew up 10 miles from me and went to the same high school as my father. He will be missed :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/14 at 3:37 am

4 people have been arrested in connection with his death. It is believed he used tainted drugs...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showbiz/philip-seymour-hoffman-death/

Written By: Howard on 02/05/14 at 7:03 am

4 people have been arrested in connection with his death. It is believed he used tainted drugs...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showbiz/philip-seymour-hoffman-death/

Why would anyone be charged? He did this all by himself.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/05/14 at 8:19 am

Why would anyone be charged? He did this all by himself.

1. Because it is illegal to sell drugs.  You can charge a bartender if a drunk driver leaves their bar and causes an accident, you should be able to charge a dealer with a death.

2.  Tainted means there was something else in it, not just the drugs.  Again, could be a murder charge.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/05/14 at 9:41 am

1. Because it is illegal to sell drugs.  You can charge a bartender if a drunk driver leaves their bar and causes an accident, you should be able to charge a dealer with a death.

2.  Tainted means there was something else in it, not just the drugs.  Again, could be a murder charge.

Yes but the sellers are victims too.  They only sold it because they needed to make the money.

Written By: ninny on 02/05/14 at 12:25 pm

Yes but the sellers are victims too.  They only sold it because they needed to make the money.

I found the two younger ones on Fb and believe me they didn't need to make any money.

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/14 at 12:29 pm

I need to make money too... that's why I have a job....and I like my freedom... that's why my job doesn't involve selling drugs... I have no sympathy for drug dealers or the addicts who buy from them but selling tainted drugs is way worse than taking drugs that have been tainted...

Written By: Howard on 02/05/14 at 2:15 pm

I need to make money too... that's why I have a job....and I like my freedom... that's why my job doesn't involve selling drugs... I have no sympathy for drug dealers or the addicts who buy from them but selling tainted drugs is way worse than taking drugs that have been tainted...

We all need to make money, I have a job, It's not the best but it's a job and it doesn't involve dealing drugs but I'm around a neighborhood that's scummy.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/05/14 at 7:19 pm

Really?  Are you for freaking real?  Victims my ass.  There are plenty of legal ways to make money, selling drugs is illegal and they should be punished.  Drugs are awful and ruin lives all for what?  A quick high?  No they are not victims.  Not cool, LB, and if you were trying to be funny you completely failed.  >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/06/14 at 6:12 pm

Really?  Are you for freaking real?  Victims my ass.  There are plenty of legal ways to make money, selling drugs is illegal and they should be punished.  Drugs are awful and ruin lives all for what?  A quick high?  No they are not victims.  Not cool, LB, and if you were trying to be funny you completely failed.  >:(

Hey in the inner city for some people selling dope is the only way to make a buck.  I'm not saying that is right, but "it is what it is".

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/14 at 7:36 pm

Hey in the inner city for some people selling dope is the only way to make a buck

There's other ways to make a buck, they just choose not to because breaking the law is all they know.  I have no sympathy for drug dealers.  They chose their path, and it was the wrong one

Written By: Dagwood on 02/06/14 at 8:43 pm

There's other ways to make a buck, they just choose not to because breaking the law is all they know.  I have no sympathy for drug dealers.  They chose their path, and it was the wrong one

This

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/14 at 11:30 pm

or they want to get rich or die tryin....rather than actually working hard for a living...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/14 at 7:36 pm

Props to PSH.  He got an Oscar nomination a few years back for portraying a hero from my home town, Gust Avrakotos.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/28/14 at 5:24 pm

The tox reports just came out. Mr. Hoffman died from a combo of cocaine, heroin, meth, and benzos. Man, he must have spent a fortune on all that dope.

Check for new replies or respond here...