inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ‘Green Acres’ Actress Mary Grace Canfield Dies at 89

Written By: Claybricks on 02/17/14 at 11:41 pm

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/765/Green14.jpg

‘Green Acres’ Actress Mary Grace Canfield Dies at 89

February 17, 2014 | 06:22PM PT
Associated Press

Mary Grace Canfield, a veteran character actress who played handywoman Ralph Monroe on the television show “Green Acres,” died of lung cancer on Saturday at a hospice in Santa Barbara, Calif. She was 89.

During a four-decade career, Canfield appeared on TV shows including “General Hospital” and “The Hathaways.” She was Harriet Kravitz on four episodes of the 1960s series “Bewitched.”

But she was best known for her role of Ralph Monroe in some 40 episodes of “Green Acres,” which ran from 1965 to 1971.

Monroe greeted folks in the town of Hootersville with a cheery “howdy doody,” wore painters’ overalls and was forever working on the Douglas family’s bedroom with her brother, Alf.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/people-news/green-acres-actress-mary-grace-canfield-dies-at-89-1201109723/

Dan

Subject: Re: ‘Green Acres’ Actress Mary Grace Canfield Dies at 89

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/14 at 7:56 pm

I just checked the show's cast at IMDb.  Looks like the "Green Acres Curse" has claimed all of the cast members now except for Tom Lester, who played the role of Eb.  :-\\

Written By: warped on 02/18/14 at 7:56 pm

I remember her, she was Ralph  ;D

Drove Eddie Albert's character (Oliver) nuts at times, as did most of the people in Hooterville.

RIP.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/14 at 6:38 am

I just checked the show's cast at IMDb.  Looks like the "Green Acres Curse" has claimed all of the cast members now except for Tom Lester, who played the role of Eb.  :-\\

and I think one more is still alive, I'm going to have to check.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/14 at 6:39 am

R.I.P Mary Canfield :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...