inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV cook Clarissa Dickson Wright dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/14 at 7:31 am

Clarissa Dickson Wright, one half of TV cookery duo Two Fat Ladies with the late Jennifer Paterson, has died in Edinburgh aged 66.

The former barrister filmed three series of the BBC Two programme before Paterson's death in 1999.

"Her fun and laughter, extraordinary learning and intelligence, will be missed always, by so many of us," said a statement from her agent.

Dickson Wright died on Saturday at Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary.

"Loved dearly by her friends and many fans all over the world, Clarissa was utterly non-PC and fought for what she believed in, always, with no thought to her own personal cost," said agent Heather Holden-Brown.

She and Paterson were brought together for the first series of Two Fat Ladies by TV director Patricia Llewellyn in 1996, during which they were often seen travelling the UK together in their motorbike and sidecar in search of good British grub.

Full obit

Subject: Re: TV cook Clarissa Dickson Wright dies

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/20/14 at 12:04 am

:\'( I'm in pain.

Oh my God! I didn't realize this was her. My mother and I used to watch Two Fat Ladies all the time when I was a kid. Some of my happiest memories involved watching her cook. This is so sad. and 66 is so young.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...