inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred "God hates ___" Phelps dies at 84

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/20/14 at 7:03 pm

http://mastibite.com/wallpaper/cache/Wallpapers/Devil/funny-devil_1200.jpg
Fred Phelps in his early years.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/westboro-church-founder-dead/

Fred Phelps -- founder of hate group Westboro Baptist Church, and famous for saying that "God hates" everything from gays to America to Barney to The Brady Bunch -- has met his karmic fate. He was 84.

*Waits for the inevitable "I wonder if WBC's gonna protest his funeral" jokes.*

Subject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred "God hates ___" Phelps dies at 84

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/20/14 at 10:11 pm

God! Don't care! Don't care! DON'T CARE!!! 

Accept I have to say that I hope some veteran comes by after the bastard is planted 6 feet under and pisses on his head stone.

Subject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred "God hates ___" Phelps dies at 84

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/21/14 at 3:39 am

I'll bet anything that the WBC pusses out and has the old man cremated and scatters his ashes in some undisclosed location just so people can't picket his funeral.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/21/14 at 4:08 am

I don't understand how someone can be so hateful. I don't hate him myself, but I do fear that he'd shoot me if I come close to him. Being that I'm not straight and stuff.  ::)

People like him usually don't change and stay like that for a long time, even in their death bed they're the same people.

Written By: Paul on 03/21/14 at 8:43 am

Better best forgotten...

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/14 at 8:54 pm

I'll bet anything that the WBC pusses out and has the old man cremated and scatters his ashes in some undisclosed location just so people can't picket his funeral.

But I wanna picket his funeral.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/21/14 at 11:42 pm

Why did he hate Barney and The Brady Bunch. I thought everyone loved those.

(I had a Barney doll and a crush on Christopher Knight as a child. Did he had the Bradys cause Mr. Brady was gay?)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/14 at 12:48 am

(I had a Barney doll and a crush on Christopher Knight as a child. Did he had the Bradys cause Mr. Brady was gay?)

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/22/14 at 11:12 am

I don't understand how someone can be so hateful. I don't hate him myself, but I do fear that he'd shoot me if I come close to him. Being that I'm not straight and stuff.  ::)

Nah, he wouldn't have shot ya, he would have just said hateful things.  That's how people like him are.

No clue about the Brady Bunch but I agree on Barney.  Although, the only reason I hated Barney was that he was freaking annoying. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/14 at 12:05 pm

Nah, he wouldn't have shot ya, he would have just said hateful things.  That's how people like him are.

No clue about the Brady Bunch but I agree on Barney.  Although, the only reason I hated Barney was that he was freaking annoying.

I always sing this song when someone mentions Barney

I hate you
You hate me
We're a hateful family
What the frack do we do now?
Beat the the shyt out of me, wow. 

:D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/14 at 12:09 pm

I never heard of this person, it sounds as if it should stay that way.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/22/14 at 12:33 pm

I hate you
You hate me
We're a hateful family
Meat the the shyt out of me, wow. 

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/22/14 at 2:47 pm

But I wanna picket his funeral.

Apparently the WBC picketed a Lorde concert in Kansas City last night and there were some counter-protesters across the street from them.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/xbv5gz66eyfmusihufey_zps3139f445.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/14 at 3:02 pm

Barney is a doofus!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/14 at 3:03 pm

I hate you
You hate me
We're a hateful family

The next number one Top 40 hit song.  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/14 at 3:04 pm

I should call him X.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/22/14 at 3:08 pm

Be thankful that you don't know who he is.

He was a disgraced Kansas City attorney who was disbarred for suborning perjury.  He then blamed gays, millitary officers, and whoever else was convenient for his lack of social interaction.  :P

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/22/14 at 3:09 pm

Is this Phelps guy's son really an Atheist? I just saw this on Facebook. Good Lord.

Written By: Howard on 03/22/14 at 3:26 pm

I guess that's the way he thought.

Written By: Howard on 03/22/14 at 3:27 pm

I hate you
You hate me
We're a hateful family

;D

Written By: Howard on 03/22/14 at 3:28 pm

Barney is a doofus!

;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/22/14 at 3:48 pm

A friend of mineon tumblr posed the question:

At what point does religion become superstition?

I said:

When you're a member of the Westboro Church.

::)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/22/14 at 9:07 pm

Is this Phelps guy's son really an Atheist? I just saw this on Facebook. Good Lord.

No.  He was just a bitter old sh!t who blamed everyone but himself for his life turning out the wau that it did.  I would spit on his coffin.  I really would.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/23/14 at 11:58 am

Apparently the WBC picketed a Lorde concert in Kansas City last night and there were some counter-protesters across the street from them.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/xbv5gz66eyfmusihufey_zps3139f445.jpg

I honestly like this protest.

Let's face it, acting like he did and being bitter and hateful makes us no better than he was. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/23/14 at 1:21 pm

I would not hold that sign for him and most likely throw some type of paint on it myself.

But that's just me and I know I wouldn't be nice.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/24/14 at 11:02 pm

Maybe they just couldn't find a cemetery owner that wanted to take on the legal and environmental responsibility of owning the world's largest open-trench urinal?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/14 at 11:14 pm

God hates probate lawyers!
8)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/14 at 11:42 pm

Maybe they just couldn't find a cemetery owner that wanted to take on the legal and environmental responsibility of owning the world's largest open-trench urinal?

That must be it because I'm sure there are a lot of GLBT youth, war vets, and others who would gladly like to piss on his burrial plot.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/25/14 at 6:53 am

That must be it because I'm sure there are a lot of GLBT yout, war vets, and others who would gladly like to piss on his burrial plot.  ;D

or better yet take a dump on it.  ;D

Written By: warped on 03/25/14 at 11:20 am

Let's face it, acting like he did and being bitter and hateful makes us no better than he was.

Exactly. :) 

Karma for the mature approach.

I like what George Takei said: "Today, Mr. Phelps may have learned that God, in fact, hates no one. Vicious and hate-filled as he was, may his soul find the kind of peace through death that was so plainly elusive during his life."

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/27/14 at 10:45 pm

I like what George Takei said: "Today, Mr. Phelps may have learned that God, in fact, hates no one. Vicious and hate-filled as he was, may his soul find the kind of peace through death that was so plainly elusive during his life."

And that's why Takei is a better man than I'll ever be.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/27/14 at 11:23 pm

:)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/02/14 at 9:01 pm

6e5hRLbCaCs

This is the most clever WBC counter protest I've ever seen.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/14 at 9:53 pm

6e5hRLbCaCs

This is the most clever WBC counter protest I've ever seen.  :D

The link isn't showing up on my phone.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/03/14 at 8:12 pm

The link isn't showing up on my phone.

Whoever uploaded the video didn't make it available on a phone.

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/14 at 10:22 pm

Whoever uploaded the video didn't make it available on a phone.

When I looked at your post it only had the video code numbers not the full YouTube link
So I couldn't find it on YouTube at all

If you add the full link at least I can paste that URL in and play it online...even on my phone

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/04/14 at 11:00 am

When I looked at your post it only had the video code numbers not the full YouTube link
So I couldn't find it on YouTube at all

If you add the full link at least I can paste that URL in and play it online...even on my phone

http://youtu.be/6e5hRLbCaCs

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/14 at 10:27 pm

http://youtu.be/6e5hRLbCaCs

Thank you

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/06/14 at 4:33 pm

I wonder what Platinum Blonde is going to do if the WBC tries anything at their concert coming up in Seneca, New York? I'm sure Mark  Holmes will come up with something as good, if not better, than what Dave Grohl pulled.  :)
Although I would really love to see those asspies try anything with Mark and his boys.  I'm guessing that if they do try it Mark will counter protest them somehow.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/08/14 at 12:18 pm

So the other day the WBC pricks showed up in Moore, Oklahoma to protest in front of the school that was destroyed in last year's devastating F-5 tornado. Hats off to the Okies for showing us all how it's done.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVE_3zVx1zQ

Written By: 80sfan on 04/08/14 at 2:38 pm

So the other day the WBC pricks showed up in Moore, Oklahoma to protest in front of the school that was destroyed in last year's devastating F-5 tornado. Hats off to the Okies for showing us all how it's done.  ;)

I choose to live in denial of their signs.

Instead of their, "God hates fags" signs, it's "God hates Fangs" or "God, those are some hot fats!"

Written By: Dagwood on 04/08/14 at 7:20 pm

Good for Moore.  I bet the police hated having to protect them.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/08/14 at 11:52 pm

They haven't earned the right to step on that flag.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/09/14 at 8:58 pm

Here's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5hRLbCaCs

^ Yes, those wackos protested a Kansas City Foo Fighters concert.

Must be nice to have so much time to spare.  ::)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/14 at 9:34 pm

Here's my favorite:

^ Yes, those wackos protested a Kansas City Foo Fighters concert.

Must be nice to have so much time to spare.  ::)

Umm I already posted that one up further in the post.  :)

But I'd really like them to try protesting the upcoming Platinum Blonde concert in Seneca, New York.  :) Knowing them they probably would try because Platinum Blonde are a Canadian band.  If they did try it there would be only one word for that folks....IDIOCY!

Written By: Step-chan on 04/09/14 at 11:08 pm

Umm I already posted that one up further in the post.  :)

But I'd really like them to try protesting the upcoming Platinum Blonde concert in Seneca, New York.  :) Knowing them they probably would try because Platinum Blonde are a Canadian band.  If they did try it there would be only one word for that folks....IDIOCY!

See it now, this shows what happens when I'm tired from low sleep, having to work and then going to get my tax returns(I walked to get them, which is over 36 blocks added up).

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/14 at 11:18 pm

See it now, this shows what happens when I'm tired from low sleep, having to work and then going to get my tax returns(I walked to get them, which is over 36 blocks added up).

:) It's okay.  It's the world of the sleep deprived.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...