inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peaches Geldof dies at the age of 25

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/14 at 12:37 pm

Peaches Geldof has been found dead at her home at the age of 25, it emerged tonight.

The daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates was found dead at her home in Kent, the BBC reported.

The mum-of-two has previously posted pictures of her children and hubby Thomas Cohen looking the picture of happiness.

In one picture posted on Instagram, Peaches, daughter of Band Aid co-founder Sir Bob Geldof, can be seen cradling her son Phaedra - full name Phaedra Bloom Forever Cohen.

Under the sweet shot, she wrote: "Me and the sickest wid wid."

The proud mum also posted a video of her young son breathing heavily due to a cold.

"Phaedra fell asleep for one hour earlier at 7 and has been up since then!! I am going insane here.

"We are in the dark on the bed with him crawling round all over my face breathing on me with his blocked nose and throat breath! This is what it sounds like... lol," she said.   

Peaches gave birth to her first son Astala in April 2012 and had adorable tot Phaedra the following year in April 2013.

Subject: Re: Peaches Geldof dead dies at the age of 25

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/14 at 1:18 pm

Yes, I just heard about Peaches.  How terribly sad.  Just 25 years old.
:\'(

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8204337.ece/ALTERNATES/w300/peaches+geldof.jpg

Subject: Re: Peaches Geldof dead dies at the age of 25

Written By: ninny on 04/07/14 at 1:25 pm

How sad 25 only R.I.P Peaches. :\'(

Subject: Re: Peaches Geldof dies at the age of 25

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/14 at 2:07 pm

Very sad. I'm sure this gives her father new meaning to "I don't like Mondays."

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/14 at 3:04 pm

Her final tweet, posted on Sunday, linked to an Instagram picture of her, as a baby, in her mother's arms.

The caption simply read: "Me and my mum."

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74095000/jpg/_74095829_ba8d7801-c534-4479-97d4-90e245d44a73.jpg

Her cause of death has not been announced yet, but the talk in the media is that PND is to blame.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/14 at 4:09 pm

Bob Geldof's statement

Peaches has died. We are beyond pain. She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us.

Writing "was" destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.

Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken.

Bob, Jeanne, Fifi, Pixie and Tiger Geldof.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/07/14 at 4:43 pm

This is so sad!  No one should die at 25.  Tragic  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Peaches Geldof

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/07/14 at 5:48 pm

RIP, Peaches.

Such a sad story, her life was not easy...

Written By: Howard on 04/07/14 at 7:17 pm

RIP to such a young daughter. :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/14 at 2:42 am

A post-mortem examination following the death of Peaches Geldof , who has died at the age of 25, will take place on Wednesday.

...and one speculative press report in the Daily Mirror says that "Dr Chris Steele said bulimia-related vomiting can create toxic levels of potassium in the body that can cause severe heart irregularities or even cardiac arrest".

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/14 at 7:03 am

A post-mortem into the death of Peaches Geldof has proved inconclusive, pending the result of toxicology tests, which will hopefully be available in the next few weeks.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/14 at 11:29 pm

It's unfortunate that her life ended so young.  She and her younger sister Pixie, I don't think, grieved appropriately for their mother.  Their mother died young too.  Only 41 when she passed away on Pixie's birthday.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1749471.1396972162!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/fifi-geldof-peaches-geldof.jpg

"My beautiful baby sister."

Fifi Geldof.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/14 at 11:46 pm

A post-mortem into the death of Peaches Geldof has proved inconclusive, pending the result of toxicology tests, which will hopefully be available in the next few weeks.

They say that she was on juicing kick to lose weight quickly.  Maybe she had a heart attack?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/14 at 6:01 am

It's unfortunate that her life ended so young.  She and her younger sister Pixie, I don't think, grieved appropriately for their mother.  Their mother died young too.  Only 41 when she passed away on Pixie's birthday.

Their mother was unbelievably irresponsible and orphaned the daughter she had with Michael Hutchence (who also orphaned the girl by committing suicide) due to her preference for drugs.  Adding insult to injury her dead body was discovered by the same daughter (Tiger Lily) at the age of 4.  It's a sad story for the girls for sure. 

Hopefully Tiger Lily has a strong support system around her, because she got dealt a bad hand when it came to her biological parents.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/10/14 at 6:50 am

They say that she was on juicing kick to lose weight quickly.  Maybe she had a heart attack?

or maybe drug overdose?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/10/14 at 11:49 am

Their mother was unbelievably irresponsible and orphaned the daughter she had with Michael Hutchence (who also orphaned the girl by committing suicide) due to her preference for drugs.  Adding insult to injury her dead body was discovered by the same daughter (Tiger Lily) at the age of 4.  It's a sad story for the girls for sure. 

Hopefully Tiger Lily has a strong support system around her, because she got dealt a bad hand when it came to her biological parents.  :-\\

Oh I know.  Bob took control and got emergency custody of his girls and Michael's daughter.  So Bob, Fifi, and Pixie are Tiger's support  system like they were when the children's mother died.
Bob took Tiger in when Michael's father asked him to believing that Paula would have wanted to keep Tiger with her sisters.  I mean it's unfortunate that the first four years of Tiger's life were so tragic losing first her father and then her mother.  But she has a stable home life with Bob and his family.  I read an article that states that Tiger doesn't tell anyone who her mother was simply because she doesn't want to be mistaken as someone who can't be taken seriously.
Only the toxicology tests can prove/disprove any drug use.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/21/14 at 11:48 pm

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/04/21/0421-peaches-geldof-funeral-coffin-art-sub-3.jpg

Peaches's casket.  A doting mother to the end.

Written By: Howard on 04/22/14 at 6:58 am

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/04/21/0421-peaches-geldof-funeral-coffin-art-sub-3.jpg

Peaches's casket.  A doting mother to the end.

that's very sweet.  :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/30/14 at 11:04 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617315/Peaches-Geldof-died-heroin-overdose-tragic-echo-mother-Paula-Yatess-death-inquest-reveal.html
You were right Howard.  It was a heroin overdose.  Like mother like daughter.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/14 at 8:45 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27242721

Heroin is 'likely' to have played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, an inquest has revealed. The results of a toxicology report showed TV presenter Geldof, who died suddenly last month aged 25, had the drug in her system.

At a brief inquest in Gravesend, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, told the hearing: "Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death."

It is worth noting that the word 'overdose' is not mentioned at the inquest. This was an initial inquest with the full inquest to take place in July this year.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/14 at 7:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27242721

Heroin is 'likely' to have played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, an inquest has revealed. The results of a toxicology report showed TV presenter Geldof, who died suddenly last month aged 25, had the drug in her system.

At a brief inquest in Gravesend, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, told the hearing: "Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death."

It is worth noting that the word 'overdose' is not mentioned at the inquest. This was an initial inquest with the full inquest to take place in July this year.

You don't have to O.D. on heroin for it to kill you.  You can progressively develop endocarditis, pulmonary edema (I think unlikely in Peaches' case), or arrhythmia.  If indeed she did not OD, then my assumption would be a fatal arrhythmia episode.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/01/14 at 8:23 pm

You don't have to O.D. on heroin for it to kill you.  You can progressively develop endocarditis, pulmonary edema (I think unlikely in Peaches' case), or arrhythmia.  If indeed she did not OD, then my assumption would be a fatal arrhythmia episode.

Yeah.  It make sense.  But the initial autopsy results didn't detect a heart defect.  But her past substance abuse, alcohol and drugs, must have played some role in her death.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/14 at 3:37 am

The big question now is who supplied the heroin to Peaches? The police are investigating into it.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/14 at 3:50 pm

The big question now is who supplied the heroin to Peaches? The police are investigating into it.

could be a few of her friends that were doing drugs might have given her some.  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/14 at 8:07 am

Bob Geldof tells DJ Chris Evans the letters of support from the public since Peaches death have 'really helped.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/14 at 3:32 am

TV presenter Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose after relapsing from a period of abstinence, a coroner rules

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/24/14 at 12:23 pm

TV presenter Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose after relapsing from a period of abstinence, a coroner rules

Like I said: Like mother; like daughter. >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...