inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Efram Zimbalist Jr. gone...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/03/14 at 5:35 am

Legendary TV "G-Man" Efram Zimbalist Jr. passed away yesterday, all too soon. He was probably best known for his role in "77 Sunset Strip" and "The FBI".

He was also the father of Stephanie Zimbalist Jr.  :-*

Subject: Re: Efram Zimbalist Jr. gone...

Written By: warped on 05/03/14 at 6:40 am

I remember him from F.B.I.
I didn't know he was still around.
R.I.P

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/03/14 at 2:32 pm

I don't remember all of his roles but I remember his guest roles on Remington Steele.

He will be missed  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Efram Zimbalist Jr.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/14 at 3:36 pm

R.I.P Efram Zimbalist Jr.

Written By: whistledog on 05/03/14 at 3:47 pm

He was the voice of Alfred in the Batman Animated franchaise from 1992-2003.  His voice was perfect for that role and he did it so well!

R.I.P.

Written By: nally on 05/03/14 at 6:39 pm

I don't remember all of his roles but I remember his guest roles on Remington Steele.

He will be missed  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Efram Zimbalist Jr.

He will indeed be missed. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/03/14 at 8:24 pm

From what I have read on the web, Efram was found in his yard; he was out watering the lawn and died quite unexpectedly.  I wonder what happened? ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/14 at 6:06 pm

OMFG!!! A 95 yr old man died!!!! Stop the presses!!! This is major news...

seriously lyric... I don't understand how long you think people should live....

Effram was a great actor but he was old!!! Like really old... I hope to see 95 and if I do I will know I lived a good long life and will be thankful for the time I had. 

We don't know how he lived his last few years...maybe he was sick and maybe, just maybe, his passing is a good thing and gives his family peace and relieves him of pain....maybe... maybe not.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/04/14 at 6:19 pm

OMFG!!! A 95 yr old man died!!!! Stop the presses!!! This is major news...

seriously lyric... I don't understand how long you think people should live....

Effram was a great actor but he was old!!! Like really old... I hope to see 95 and if I do I will know I lived a good long life and will be thankful for the time I had. 

We don't know how he lived his last few years...maybe he was sick and maybe, just maybe, his passing is a good thing and gives his family peace and relieves him of pain....maybe... maybe not.

The article I read said he was playing golf 3 days a week or so, and was out in the yard doing lawn work (I think he was watering the flowers or the lawn).  So he was in good shape.

So it would seem that his death was unexpected.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/14 at 6:34 pm

The article I read said he was playing golf 3 days a week or so, and was out in the yard doing lawn work (I think he was watering the flowers or the lawn).  So he was in good shape.

So it would seem that his death was unexpected.  :-\\

well then he was still active....still....at 95... it's more inevitable than unexpected....

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/04/14 at 8:01 pm

All human life is valuabe and the loss of any person, young or old, is a loss felt by those who cared about them and those left behind to mourn the loss. Whether he was 95 or 25. Just the fact the he lived on longer, perhaps he had the chance to touch more lives than someone cut down in the so-called prime of life.

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/14 at 8:27 pm

All human life is valuabe and the loss of any person, young or old, is a loss felt by those who cared about them and those left behind to mourn the loss. Whether he was 95 or 25. Just the fact the he lived on longer, perhaps he had the chance to touch more lives than someone cut down in the so-called prime of life.

well since LB is neither friends with nor related to Efrem Z. Jr I doubt he was personally impacted by his death.... and even if he was...that doesn't negate the fact that any death of an octogenarian or someone in their 80s isn't expected on some level...it's shocking and "too soon" when young people die...when old people die it's a fact (and the one true certainty) of life...

today we got a call from a person who found a body on the beach....the poor girl was 20yrs old... cause of death is not yet known... that is what I call dying too soon.... 

http://www.keyt.com/news/young-woman-found-dead-on-isla-vista-beach/25806204

two (or three) weeks ago  there was a fatal car accident here.  two 17 yr olds and a 20 yr old died that night... another case of people dying too soon. 
http://www.keyt.com/news/extensive-investigation-into-triple-fatal-accident/25611594

a brilliant actor lived for 95 yrs and got to live to see his daughter follow in his footsteps and find her own success (albeit short lived) and lived to see his children become parents and had time with his grandkids?  that's a man who's lived a lifetime. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/14 at 12:44 pm

Well a few years ago, my Mum passed away at 90, and 21 years ago my Dad passed away at 86. In their cases I would not say they died "too soon" because their final months were pretty bad... It was really time for them to pass on, sad to say. They both lived fantastic lives.

But Efram was active and out there enjoying life. Golfing, working, doing voice-overs. So in his case I say he died "all too soon" because he was so vibrant.

Check for new replies or respond here...