inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Comedian and actor Rik Mayall dies aged 56.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/14 at 10:02 am

British comedian and actor Rik Mayall has died at the age of 56, his manager says.

He played the obnoxious, poetry-writing anarchist Rick in The Young Ones alongside friend Adrian Edmonson.The duo later went on to star in Bottom.

He died at home in London. The Metropolitan Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious.

They said they were called to reports of a sudden death of a man in his 50s at 13:19 BST on Monday, in Barnes in south west London.

London Ambulance Service said "a man, aged in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene".

The actor, who was married with three children, was left seriously ill after a quad bike accident in 1998 which left him in a coma for several days.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Subject: Re: Comedian and actor Rik Mayall dies aged 56.

Written By: Paul on 06/10/14 at 4:53 am

Very much unexpected - sources now say he may have had a seizure as a general knock-on from that accident...

The most touching, if irreverent tribute came from his close comedy partner, Adrian Edmonson...

...Edmondson added: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing.

"They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard."

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/14 at 11:10 am

After 24 hours Rik Mayall's wife has said there is no explanation for the 56-year-old comedian's death on Monday.

"We don't know yet what happened," Barbara Robbin told reporters. "He had a strong heart so I don't think it was a heart attack."

"Maybe he had a fit, maybe it was his heart. We just don't know until the coroner's report."

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/14 at 11:14 am

Post-mortem expected to be carried out on Thursday to establish how comic and actor Rik Mayall died, West London Coroners Court says

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/14 at 6:31 am

A post-mortem examination into the death of Rik Mayall proved inconclusive and further tests are required, the West London Coroner's Office says.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/14 at 2:53 am

A football song recorded by Rik Mayall four years ago goes into the UK top 10 after a campaign by fans to pay tribute to the late comedian.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/14 at 7:42 am

Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders and other friends of Rik Mayall join his family to mourn the comedian and actor at a private funeral in Devon.

Check for new replies or respond here...