inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: World's oldest man dies aged 111 years, 124 days

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/14 at 12:27 pm

The world’s oldest man has died after holding the title for just two months.

Alexander Imich, who fled Poland with his wife after the Nazis invaded in 1939, died in New York at the age of 111.

The Polish-born psychic researcher was born on February 4, 1903, and became the oldest supercentenarian after Italian man Arturo Licata died before his 112th birthday.

Last month Mr Imich joked how he did not understand how he was still alive.

“I don’t know, I simply didn’t die earlier,” he said. “I have no idea how this happened".

He credited his long lifespan to “good genes” while also saying he had other things he wanted to achieve before he died.

He added: “My father lived to his 90s, so I got good genes and was living a hygienic life too.

“There are things I would like to achieve but I’m not quite clear about what and how.”

He also thought not having children, taking part in athletics, and abstaining from alcohol, helped him live so long.

Mr Imich emigrated to the US in 1951 with his wife Wela and settled in Connecticut before moving to New York after her death in 1986.

Though being the world’s oldest living man, there are 66 women alive who were born before him, according to the Gerontology Research Group’s data, with the oldest being 116-year-old Misao Okawa.

Britain’s oldest person is Barnsley-born Ethel Lang, who is 114 years and 13 days old.

Subject: Re: World's oldest man dies aged 111 years, 124 days

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/14 at 12:49 pm

This gentleman had only held the title for a couple of months. I wonder if it was all the new fame that got him? ???

Written By: holicman on 06/09/14 at 7:20 pm

He was famous before becoming the world oldest man, and he is so far the oldest person to achieve the feat of being famous first before becoming the oldest man. he was a successful Parasychologist, he ate the same foods in small portions and kept his mind healthy and active by learning more and more things as he got older. at the age of 105 he enrolled in a course to learn how to use and understand I pads and I phones.

RIP MR Imich.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 5:43 pm

This gentleman had only held the title for a couple of months. I wonder if it was all the new fame that got him? ???

maybe he just took care of himself mentally and physically.

Check for new replies or respond here...