inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Freaky Friday author Mary Rodgers dies at 83

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/14 at 9:08 am

Mary Rodgers, author of the best-selling children's book Freaky Friday, has died at the age of 83.

Rodgers died on Thursday at her home in Manhattan after a long illness, said her son Alec Guettel.

The daughter of legendary Broadway composer Richard Rodgers, Mary had her own musical hit with Once Upon a Mattress.

But she was best known for Freaky Friday, the comedic story in which a mother and daughter trade bodies.

The book, published in 1976, has twice been made into a Disney movie, most recently in 2003 with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan in the starring roles.

The first screen adaptation was in 1976, with the script having been written by Rodgers too, and starring Barbara Harris and Jodie Foster.

Rodgers went on to write three sequels. The first was A Billion for Boris followed by Summer Switch and Freaky Monday, co-authored with Heather Hach.

Full reporthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28055090

Subject: Re: Freaky Friday author Mary Rodgers dies at 83

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/27/14 at 5:06 pm

I didn't know Freaky Friday was based on a book.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/14 at 7:03 pm

I guess we won't see a Freaky Tuesday now...  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/14 at 9:35 pm

I didn't know Freaky Friday was based on a book.

she wrote a trilogy.... 

A Billion for Boris is about a TV that shows tomorrows shows (including the news) today.....it features all the Freaky Friday characters.

Summer Switch is similar plot line to Freaky Friday where the dad and son of the same Freaky Friday family switch bodies when the young son is off to summer camp.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4116CmuhUeL._SL500_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...