inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: James Garner Dead at 86

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/14 at 4:40 am

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/news/report-james-garner-passed-away-071200469.html

Legendary actor James Garner, famous for the movie "Space Cowboys" as well as countless other productions, is reported to have passed away at his home.

No word on the cause of death or if it was expected...  :-\\

http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/10042000/10042372.jpg

Subject: Re: James Garner Dead at 86

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/14 at 9:58 am

So sad. I have always liked him.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

One of my favorite movies of his was My Fellow Americans with Jack Lemmon & Loren Becall.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/20/14 at 10:33 am

So sad!  Another icon of my youth gone - I watched him plenty in the Rockford Files

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. James Garner

Written By: nally on 07/20/14 at 10:45 am

So sad indeed. :\'( :\'(

R.I.P. to such a fine actor...

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/14 at 6:21 pm

:\'( Sad....He was a real gentleman

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/20/14 at 11:21 pm

Man, I saw him in everything from "Support Your Local Sherriff" to "Atlantis, The Lost Empire", with so many commercials and TV shows in between, particularly stepping up to play the Grandfather on "8 Simple Rules" after John Ritter was suddenly taken from us. What a classy guy! And in the spirit of "Maverick"(the show and the movie), I hope his film co-stars Gibson and Foster are there to lead all his mourners in singing Amazing Grace. You'd have to see the movie to get that. Vaya Con Dios James Garner, another one of Hollywood's legendary cowboys rides into the sunset.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: Katluver on 07/21/14 at 1:20 am

I think I only saw him in the Notebook but he seemed like a great guy. RIP, James Garner.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/14 at 3:50 am

Sad to hear that James Garner has died, I remember him well for his appearances in "The Great Escape" and "Support Your Local Sheriff". I never really saw "The Rockford Files".

R.I.P. James Garner  :\'(

Written By: ninny on 07/21/14 at 5:18 am

So sad to hear this. James was a great actor. R.I.P James :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/14 at 11:24 am

I remember when he got into a nasty car accident-I think it was in the '80s. He almost died than. I think everything he had done since, he was basically on borrowed time. I guess the Gods decided that we should have him a few decades longer which I grateful.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/21/14 at 2:17 pm

R.I.P. James Garner I remember the last time I saw him was in 8 Simple Rules. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...