inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cafe Wha? Owner Manny Roth Gone at 94

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/02/14 at 8:17 am

Legendary owner of New York's Café Wha?, Manny Roth, is reported to have passed away at the age of 94 in California.

http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/5517/20140802/co-founder-of-caf%C3%A9-wha-manny-roth-dies-at-94.htm

In the 60's, Café Wha? was the place to be for up and comers.  Acts like Bob Dylan and Jimmy James & the Blue Flames (i.e., Jimi Hendrix) had some of their earliest gigs there.

Subject: Re: Cafe Wha? Owner Manny Roth Gone at 94

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/14 at 11:14 pm

Holy crap, I didn't know that guy was sill alive...well, he's gone now...thanks for all you did, Mr. Roth!
:\'(

Subject: Re: Cafe Wha? Owner Manny Roth Gone at 94

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/04/14 at 10:55 pm

I don't know…some people just have a gift that makes you want to read what they write.  I mean, "Holy Crap, I didn't know that guy was still alive…" there's just something rhythmical and poetic about it. No, really, I'm serious!
And then he just continues to sings on "well, he's gone now…" It's so perfect!  And then "thanks for all you did, Mr. Roth."

It's a little haiku, don't you agree??    8) 

Say…  I don't think there are sufficient "up" faces to choose from.  Aren't there as many Good Moods as Bad Moods/Weird Moods in life??

Check for new replies or respond here...