inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Texas Chainsaw Massacre actress Marilyn Burns dies aged 65

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/14 at 3:53 am

Texas Chainsaw Massacre actress Marilyn Burns has died.

The 65-year-old was found dead at her home near Houston, Texas.

Best known for her role as Sally Hardesty in the original 1974 American slasher film, Marilyn also appeared in follow up flicks The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994) and Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013).

She also played Linda Kasabian, a member of the Charles Manson Family, in Emmy-nominated 1976 TV movie Helter Skelter.

"It is with sad news that I can officially confirm that actress Marilyn Burns passed away earlier today," a representative for the actress said in a statement late last night.

"She was found unresponsive by a family member this morning in her Houston, TX area home. Her family asks for privacy at this time. Further details will be released later."

She said of her most famous role – the only character to survive Leatherface’s attacks -  in 2004: "Afterwards, I was just so grateful it was over.

"I probably was the happiest girl alive.

"I ran through dark woods chased by someone holding a live chainsaw! Where was my head?

"Sure it was tough, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I wouldn't have traded the experience for love or money."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/texas-chainsaw-massacre-actress-marilyn-3997043#ixzz39bHVg35z

Subject: Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre actress Marilyn Burns dies aged 65

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/14 at 7:09 am

I always hoped to see her reprise her role in "Helter Skelter 2"...

Check for new replies or respond here...