inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robin Williams Dead

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/14 at 6:05 pm

Just saw it on CBS, details to follow...

Here's a story on it from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-robin-williams-dies-20140811-story.html

Subject: Re: Robin Williams Dead

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/11/14 at 7:23 pm

:\'(

How is this even real?

RIP

FbBgLQ1yfZk

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/11/14 at 7:33 pm

NOOOOO!!! Say it ain't so.  He was awesome in so many, many movies - a long time favorite

It's just wrong    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Robin Williams - you will be sorely missed

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/11/14 at 7:38 pm

How is this even real?

I'm not really convinced that it is. Knowing Robin(if that ever was his name), once he learned The Crazy Ones would not be renewed, he simply sat on the couch, closed his eyes, and said,
"MORK CALLING ORSON: ORSON, TAKE ME HOME. TO THIS WORLD, I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE."
With Robin, I could believe anything. Just look at Good Morning Vietnam, Awakenings, Hook, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Nine Months, Jack, Patch Adams, Happy Feet, or Night At The Museum to understand why. And of course, it would be wonderful to think of him still out there, assigned to another planet, bringing joy and laughter to all who inhabit it.
Sadly for us Earthlings, "That's about it for the Adrian Crone-hour." Fare thee well, my friend.

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/14 at 7:42 pm

Very sad.  :\'(

Written By: Vance Jacobsen on 08/11/14 at 8:03 pm

Wha a sad way to end a such a beautiful life :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I love all of his movies and he will be missed greatly.

Written By: DemiLover89 on 08/11/14 at 9:47 pm

Tell me this isn't real! I don't want to believe it!  :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/11/14 at 10:25 pm

NOOOOO!!! Say it ain't so.  He was awesome in so many, many movies - a long time favorite

It's just wrong    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Wha a sad way to end a such a beautiful life :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I love all of his movies and he will be missed greatly.

My thoughts exactly... :\'( :\'(

Written By: ninny on 08/12/14 at 5:28 am

Just so very sad and tragic. I fell in love with Robin right from the beginning this is a big loss in the entertainment industry and to millions of people around the world. RIP Robin :\'(

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/12/14 at 7:06 am

I know it will be on the news when I'm up again, so maybe we'll hear more. I want to know why he did that. He was a favorite among many and made alot of people laugh.  :( Definately not expected and too soon.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/12/14 at 1:23 pm

There was another article saying that he was battling depression. here it is.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbiz/robin-williams-dead/

Written By: Henk on 08/12/14 at 2:17 pm

First thing I read this morning on waking up, and it saddened my day. Such a talented and funny man...

A great loss for the world in general, and entertainment industry in particular, but most of all for his relatives and friends. I hope they find the strength to carry on.

All I can do here is offer you some Robin Williams that you might not be familiar with:

Beverly Hills Blues - Bobby McFerrin feat. Robin Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uviv7n6fdqk

Oh, you're gonna have to pay one day - but not right now...  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/12/14 at 2:40 pm

How is this even real?

RIP

FbBgLQ1yfZk

I saw almost every film with him in it.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/12/14 at 2:40 pm

Tell me this isn't real! I don't want to believe it!  :\'(

I don't want to believe it either. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/12/14 at 2:45 pm

What can I say? He was such a comedic genius. He always made me laugh hard and put a smile on my face. I will miss him terribly.  :\'(

Written By: Step-chan on 08/12/14 at 3:37 pm

Heard about this at work yesterday.

Such a shame, I loved some of his stand up.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/14 at 3:48 pm

I remember a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I watched a show called "The Great American Laugh-Off." Most stand-up comics rarely made me laugh but there was one guy on there who just had me in stitches. It wasn't until about a year later when I discovered that the guy who had me crying from laughing so hard was none other than Mork himself. (I learned it was him by reading the article about him in T.V. Guide after Mork & Mindy was a popular show.) From that point on, he was always one of my favorites.

I don't usually get too upset when I hear about celebrities passing-yeah, it's sad but they usually don't effect me. But, last night, when I heard about Robin Williams, it made me very sad. He really touched the world with his comedy, and quick thinking. And the fact that it appears that he took his own life just makes me that much sadder.

Some of my favorites of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vT-VaMXsAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3R5Lqkwg3g

He was truly a genius that left his mark on this world and he will be missed very much. My heart goes out to his family & friends-and also to his fans around the world.

R.I.P.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/12/14 at 6:34 pm

"You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married say ‘It’s the same sex all the time.'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/14 at 7:34 pm

Wow this thread has gotten a lot of posts in the past 24 hours.  I wonder if it will rival the Michael Jackson thread? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 08/12/14 at 7:44 pm

I liked this movie

'and in that sleep of death What Dreams May Come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZpQsEFcKI

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/12/14 at 8:51 pm

http://i.imgur.com/00ZKlRZ.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/14 at 2:04 am

So sad to see the passing of a great comedian and actor, he will be missed.

Written By: joeman on 08/13/14 at 8:10 am

RIP Peter Pan  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/14 at 9:56 am

Wow this thread has gotten a lot of posts in the past 24 hours.  I wonder if it will rival the Michael Jackson thread? ???
I was so looking forward to the sequel to Mrs Doubtfire, now it will never be.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/14 at 2:48 pm

"You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married say ‘It’s the same sex all the time.'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

love this video.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/13/14 at 2:49 pm

I think it will.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/14 at 2:50 pm

I was looking forward to it too. :(

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/13/14 at 2:55 pm

love this video.  ;D

I just downloaded it from Amazon and listening to it now. I think everyone who loved Robin should, besides ordering his classic films. How can it not help them feel better, and thereby fend off the darkness that consumed Robin and lurks in the shadows behind so many of us? I hope Bobby performs at the memorial, even though he once admitted Genesis was his favorite band(at the VH-1 Honors). But if McFerrin does a nice tribute, then everyone should walk away and will always remember Robin with a smile.

Your Pal,
Doc

;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/14 at 3:01 pm

I was hoping for a Good Morning Vietnam sequel too, like Good Morning Baghdad or something like that.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/14 at 3:15 pm

I was hoping for a Good Morning Vietnam sequel too, like Good Morning Baghdad or something like that.

or Good Morning New York.

Written By: nally on 08/13/14 at 10:13 pm

I watched a little special on him last night on CNN, and found out that he had a not-so-great life off the screen. Had no idea that such things led to his depression...

Written By: Katluver on 08/14/14 at 12:46 am

I was totally shocked when I read that headline about his passing. So sad the way he ended it.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/14 at 5:33 am

I watched a little special on him last night on CNN, and found out that he had a not-so-great life off the screen. Had no idea that such things led to his depression...

Yeah, he had one girlfriend who sued him for like $6MM. That would not help things.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/14 at 10:54 am

Good Morning, Vietnam was based on a true story.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/14/14 at 3:49 pm

I was totally shocked when I read that headline about his passing. So sad the way he ended it.  :(

He choked himself to death. :(

Written By: Howard on 08/14/14 at 3:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgI4-JHZ6t4

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/14 at 4:49 pm

They are saying he was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/14 at 5:58 pm

Cat

Actually they cannot say that reliably. There is no known method of diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease on a living person. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's Syndrome unless Parkinson's Disease was confirmed via autopsy.

Written By: nally on 08/14/14 at 8:53 pm

Cat

Actually they cannot say that reliably. There is no known method of diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease on a living person. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's Syndrome unless Parkinson's Disease was confirmed via autopsy.

Yeah, I was reading information on that earlier today. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/14 at 4:58 am

Fans in Boston leave tributes for Robin Williams at 'Good Will Hunting' park bench site

http://www.leaderpost.com/entertainment/cms/binary/10112209.jpg

Written By: Howard on 08/15/14 at 7:09 am

Cat

How come he never shown it?

Written By: Howard on 08/15/14 at 7:10 am

Fans in Boston leave tributes for Robin Williams at 'Good Will Hunting' park bench site

http://www.leaderpost.com/entertainment/cms/binary/10112209.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/14 at 7:11 am

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014712/rs_560x407-140812191520-1024.Mrs-Doubtfire-House.ms.081214_copy.jpg

Fans of Robin Williams Flock to Mrs. Doubtfire House to Pay Their Respects

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/14 at 10:06 am

How come he never shown it?

Howard the initial stages of Parkinson's SYNDROME are fairly mild and can be subtle. My brother has it and early on I did not know. But now it has progressed where his one hand shakes if he is not holding on to something.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/14 at 1:04 pm

The marquees of Broadway's theatres were dimmed on Wednesday in memory of Robin Williams following the actor and comedian's death earlier this week.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/14 at 2:41 pm

The marquees of Broadway's theatres were dimmed on Wednesday in memory of Robin Williams following the actor and comedian's death earlier this week.

They should pay tribute to Robin on TV Land.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/14 at 3:27 pm

They should pay tribute to Robin on TV Land.

Maybe they could show Mrs. Doubtfire nonstop for 24 hours.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/14 at 3:30 pm

Over here Sky TV showed Jumanji and Awakenings on Tuesday night, and the BBC showed Good Will Hunting. Channel 4 has Good Morning Vietnam on this coming Monday.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/14 at 5:06 pm

Over here Sky TV showed Jumanji and Awakenings on Tuesday night, and the BBC showed Good Will Hunting. Channel 4 has Good Morning Vietnam on this coming Monday.

They could do a "Mork and Mindy" marathon too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/14 at 3:12 am

I wish to see "Mork and Mindy", I watch it when it was first on and I need to be refreshed.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/14 at 6:42 am

Not just Mrs. Doubtfire, other films as well sort of like a marathon.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/14 at 6:43 am

That's probably in the works.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/14 at 6:44 am

I wish to see "Mork and Mindy", I watch it when it was first on and I need to be refreshed.

I enjoyed Mork And Mindy too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/14 at 11:47 am

Yesterday I was watching the Woody Allen film "Deconstructing Harry" and was surprised to see Robin Williams in it. I struck me as curious for his character is always out of focus from the camera, and strange of that appearance with his recent demise. 

Written By: Howard on 08/21/14 at 1:39 pm

I loved Moscow On The Hudson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tOJBBSuCA

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/14 at 3:04 am

The world has been waiting for details of Robin Williams’ memorial and funeral, so that they too can pay tribute.

But it has emerged that the ashes of the late comedian were scattered over the San Francisco Bay just a day after his body was found in the Californian residence he shared with his wife, Susan.

The Bay had been the home of the comedian for almost 50 years before he took his own life, aged 63.

The information was revealed in Williams’ death certificate, which detailed what happened to his remains.

The State Of California document states that final disposition was "scattering in San Francisco Bay off the coast of Marin County".

It goes on to confirm that the ceremony took place on 12 August.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/robin-williams-ashes-scattered-over-the-san-francisco-bay-a-day-after-his-suicide-9682388.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/15 at 5:56 am

Robin Williams' daughter, Zelda, has spoken out for the first time since her father's death last August.

The actor and comedian took his own life at his Californian home at the age of 63.

Ms Williams told NBC's Today Show there was "no point" in asking why her father killed himself.

"We don't have an explanation," she told reporter Kate Snow. "There's no point questioning it... blaming yourself or the world. It happened."

The 25-year-old said it was "going to take a lot of work to allow myself to have the sort of fun, happy life that I had, but that's important".

"Anybody who has ever lost anyone works very hard to continue that memory in a positive way."

Williams, who was famous for films such as Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society and Mrs Doubtfire, was understood to have been battling depression at the time of his death.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31660714

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/28/15 at 7:10 am

I understand the daughter's point of view. A couple years ago one of my best/oldest friends did the same as Robin Williams.

What happened, happened. Trying to make sense out of it or wondering how you could have prevented it is really futile, because in the end, the deed is done and you can't turn back that clock. It is hard to describe the destruction that is unleashed when this happens. We feel it every day.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 6:32 am

The wife and adult children of late actor Robin Williams have agreed to meet outside of court to try and resolve a dispute over his belongings.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/15 at 1:41 pm

The wife and adult children of late actor Robin Williams have agreed to meet outside of court to try and resolve a dispute over his belongings.

Who's going to get his films?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 1:43 pm

Who's going to get his films?
His estate?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/15 at 2:57 pm

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11921751_860293327411419_3802604763952589675_n.jpg?oh=71d5aa1f4dc75245033410131819146e&oe=5680AF91

Written By: Howard on 09/03/15 at 3:59 pm

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11921751_860293327411419_3802604763952589675_n.jpg?oh=71d5aa1f4dc75245033410131819146e&oe=5680AF91

That's so sweet.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/15 at 4:00 pm

That's so sweet.  :\'(
Karma to Koko The Gorilla.

Check for new replies or respond here...