inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Donna Douglas, aka Elly May Clampett, passes away at age 81

Written By: Claybricks on 01/02/15 at 11:52 am

Donna Douglas, aka Elly May Clampett, passes away at age 81

http://www.cbs46.com/story/27748304/donna-douglas-aka-elly-may-clampett-passes-away-at-age-81

Dan

Subject: Re: Donna Douglas, aka Elly May Clampett, passes away at age 81

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/15 at 1:41 pm

She lived a long life.

She was also in a classic ep of the Twilight Zone called "Eye of the Beholder."

Watch it if you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dloBl_kIMk

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/02/15 at 2:55 pm

Donna Douglas was hot as Ellie Mae Clampett.  :P

Looks like Max Baer is the only survivor of the show's cast, which has been vexed with untimely deaths ever since the Manson murder spree in 1969...  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/02/15 at 3:15 pm

RIP Donna Douglas. :(

Written By: nally on 01/02/15 at 4:36 pm

Looks like Max Baer is the only survivor of the show's cast, which has been vexed with untimely deaths ever since the Manson murder spree in 1969...  :-\\

My thoughts exactly...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/02/15 at 4:45 pm

My thoughts exactly...

Fortunately Max and Donna did a reunion show a few years back.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/15 at 6:38 pm

Do you mean Max Baer Jr, for Max Baer, his father, died in 1959?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/02/15 at 8:29 pm

Max Baer Jr. played the role of Jethro in The Beverly Hillbillies.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/03/15 at 8:36 am

I catch her on Beverly Hillbillies reruns sometimes - she was great!  Sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Donna Douglas

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/04/15 at 9:36 am

Max Baer (Jr.) is reputedly a real stud.  He dated Sharon Tate, Victoria Principal, and even starlet Christy Canyon from what I've read on the web.  A few years ago he was dating some chick 40 years younger than him.  :o

In the 60's he used to party regularly with Elvis Presley, and also spent extensive time at Hef's Playboy Mansion, as he was pals with Dorothy Stratten's hubby, Paul Snider  8-P .

Despite his fame as "Jethro Bodine" which typecast him and for all intents and purposes, ended his acting career, he earned tens of millions of dollars after Hillbillies, producing drive-in movie fare such as Macon County Line and Ode to Billie Joe.  8)

Jethro may not have been a "double-nought spy" but he was/is definitely a player.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/15 at 11:18 am

Max Baer (Jr.) is reputedly a real stud.  He dated Sharon Tate, Victoria Principal, and even starlet Christy Canyon from what I've read on the web.  A few years ago he was dating some chick 40 years younger than him.  :o

In the 60's he used to party regularly with Elvis Presley, and also spent extensive time at Hef's Playboy Mansion, as he was pals with Dorothy Stratten's hubby, Paul Snider  8-P .

Despite his fame as "Jethro Bodine" which typecast him and for all intents and purposes, ended his acting career, he earned tens of millions of dollars after Hillbillies, producing drive-in movie fare such as Macon County Line and Ode to Billie Joe.  8)

Jethro may not have been a "double-nought spy" but he was/is definitely a player.  8)

What do you expect with a 6th grade education.

Cat

Written By: holicman on 01/07/15 at 9:32 pm

I was playing a game online the other night, a pokies game on facebook and it was one reflecting the beverley hillbillies, the game is called Turkey day and i got the feature on it 3 times, I got the feature showing Ellie may 3 times also, and i thought to myself, no way, she has passed........... and in the next 15 minutes wouldnt you know it was all over the internet and televised the next morning. I was quite saddened by this and im pretty sure its only Max Baer jr as the only actor still alive from the original show(not sure about producers and so Forth.

RIP Donna Douglas AKA Ellie may clampett

Written By: holicman on 01/07/15 at 11:28 pm

I was playing a game online the other night, a pokies game on facebook and it was one reflecting the beverley hillbillies, the game is called Turkey day and i got the feature on it 3 times, I got the feature showing Ellie may 3 times also, and i thought to myself, no way, she has passed........... and in the next 15 minutes wouldnt you know it was all over the internet and televised the next morning. I was quite saddened by this and im pretty sure its only Max Baer jr as the only actor still alive from the original show(not sure about producers and so Forth.

RIP Donna Douglas AKA Ellie may clampett

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/15 at 3:47 am

im pretty sure its only Max Baer jr as the only actor still alive from the original show(not sure about producers and so Forth.

You are right; Max is the only one left. Even the guys who did the theme song, Flatt&Scruggs and the producers are gone too as well as all 5 guys who directed the series during its run, and almost all the writers. Pretty much the same thing that happened to the cast and crew of Hogan's Heroes and Green Acres.

Linda Henning  :-* who used to make some guest appearances is still with us.

Check for new replies or respond here...