inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Birds Actor Rod Taylor Has Died at 84

Written By: Claybricks on 01/08/15 at 9:40 pm

The Birds Actor Rod Taylor Has Died at 84

http://www.people.com/article/rod-taylor-dies

Dan

Subject: Re: The Birds Actor Rod Taylor Has Died at 84

Written By: gibbo on 01/09/15 at 11:06 pm

I will remember Rod for the following movies...  He was in many movies, but these come immediately to mind. I liked his acting.

The Birds
The Glass Bottom Boat (with Doris Day)
The Time Machine
The Train Robbers (with John Wayne and Ann Marget)
Hotel
and a little known western called 'Chuka'  (saw it when I was really young and for some reason I always remembered this movie)

Subject: Re: The Birds Actor Rod Taylor Has Died at 84

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/15 at 4:41 am

and a little known western called 'Chuka'  (saw it when I was really young and for some reason I always remembered this movie)

Chuka rocked. It started Ernest Borgnine as a tough frontier Army officer. According to the story line, Ernest's character was loyal to his British Fort Commander, (played by British actor John Mills) who unfortunately had been castrated by natives in The Sudan while trying to rescue Borgnine from them. ("They started working on him with knives, you know. And after that, well, he wasn't a whole man anymore.")

Rod played a hired gun named Chuka who also had an interesting past.

Veteran actor James Whitmore was also in this star-studded production, before he hit it big as Brooks in The Shawshank Redemption, and before his stint as spokesman for Miracle-Gro.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...