inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taylor Negron Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/11/15 at 8:05 am

Legendary actor Taylor Negron, whose  career was catapulted due to his breakthrough role as a pizza delivery guy in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", has passed away from cancer.  :\'(

https://deadline.com/2015/01/taylor-negron-dead-57-after-long-battle-with-cancer-1201346798/

Subject: Re: Taylor Negron Passes Away

Written By: Howard on 01/11/15 at 2:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVOwIXeJ0U

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/15 at 10:41 pm

Watched the view today and Mario Cantone was talking about how Taylor Negron accepted being fame-ish rather than famous.  Taylor always said people knew his first name or his last or just called him that guy and listed his credits.  He said no ever really knew his first and last name. 

Mario followed it up with knowing that Taylor hoped, once he died, no one would ever type RIP Taylor because then people would think Rip Taylor had died.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/15 at 12:14 pm

Watched the view today and Mario Cantone was talking about how Taylor Negron accepted being fame-ish rather than famous.  Taylor always said people knew his first name or his last or just called him that guy and listed his credits.  He said no ever really knew his first and last name. 

Mario followed it up with knowing that Taylor hoped, once he died, no one would ever type RIP Taylor because then people would think Rip Taylor had died.  ;D

Yeah that is the hazard of being a character actor.

Everybody can only remember you as "that guy... Who was in that thing..."  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/13/15 at 2:36 pm

Mario followed it up with knowing that Taylor hoped, once he died, no one would ever type RIP Taylor because then people would think Rip Taylor had died.

Or you can say Rest In Peace instead.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/14/15 at 5:08 am

Whoa, that's kinda weird since he and Rip Taylor died pretty much in the same week.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/15 at 8:32 am

Whoa, that's kinda weird since he and Rip Taylor died pretty much in the same week.  :o

are you sure he's dead?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/14/15 at 8:41 am

are you sure he's dead?

Yeah there's a thread about it on this board, maybe a week ago. Two of us posted about his classic western movie, "Chuka".

Written By: Howard on 01/14/15 at 2:47 pm

Rip Taylor is very much alive.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/15 at 6:41 pm

Yeah there's a thread about it on this board, maybe a week ago. Two of us posted about his classic western movie, "Chuka".
Are you thinking of Rod Taylor, he died last week.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/15 at 6:43 pm

BTW, Rip Torn at the time of this posting is very much alive.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/15 at 12:26 am

BTW, Rip Torn at the time of this posting is very much alive.

I don't know how I feel about that.... I guess you could say I'm torn....  ;D

Rip Taylor is very much alive.

that's what my internet search tells me too...

Are you thinking of Rod Taylor, he died last week.

that makes sense!

Check for new replies or respond here...