inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tributes paid to Coronation Street's Deirdre, Anne Kirkbride

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/15 at 2:27 am

The cast of Coronation Street have led tributes to actress Anne Kirkbride, who played one of the soap's best-loved characters Deirdre Barlow for 42 years.

William Roache, who played on-off husband Ken Barlow, said she was "a loving and vibrant person" who would be "greatly missed".

Former Street star Johnny Briggs, who played Deirdre's one-time lover Mike Baldwin, called her "a lovely girl".

ITV said Kirkbride, 60, died peacefully following a short illness.

Julie Goodyear, who played the Street's former pub landlady Bet Lynch, also paid tribute, calling her "one of the nicest and most professional actors I ever worked with".

"She had a wonderful gift of a completely photographic memory," the actress recalled. "She could read an entire script just once and be word perfect."

Kate Ford, who played daughter Tracy, tweeted: "Heartbroken at the loss of my friend and beautiful on screen mummy."

She said Kirkbride was "the most crazy, funny 100 per cent human. My life was enriched by her."

Coronation Street cast members were sent home on Tuesday as filming was suspended.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30894745

Subject: Re: Tributes paid to Coronation Street's Deirdre, Anne Kirkbride

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/15 at 1:53 pm

Tributes have been paid to "loveable and funny" Anne Kirkbride - during a memorial service for the Coronation Street actress at Manchester Cathedral.

Check for new replies or respond here...