inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harris Wittels of ‘Parks and Recreation’ dead at 30

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/15 at 4:01 am

Harris Wittels, a 30-year-old writer and producer of “Parks and Recreation,” is dead at 30.

TMZ broke the news, reporting Wittels died of a “possible drug overdose” in his home, where he was pronounced dead on Thursday afternoon. Drug paraphernalia was also discovered in the house. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Wittels’s death to KPCC.

Wittels, who completed a stint in rehab last fall and said he was clean and sober in a recent stand-up performance, was open about his history with heroin.

“I just really stopped caring about my life,” Wittels said on the podcast “You Made It Weird” in November. “I just really started to think, well, if I’m only here for 80 years, then who cares if I spend it high or not?”

Wittels, a Houston native, first rose to prominence as a writer for “The Sarah Silverman Show.” He appeared on “Parks and Rec” as an all-thumbs animal control officer with a unexpected name: Harris.

Tributes to Wittels quickly appeared from his collaborators and peers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/20/harris-wittels-of-parks-and-recreation-inventor-of-humblebrag-dead-at-30/

Check for new replies or respond here...