inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rock School star Lil' Chris inquest result

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/15 at 12:20 pm

Lil' Chris, who launched a singing career after he found fame on reality show Rock School, has died.

The 24-year-old, whose real name was Chris Hardman, starred in the Channel 4 programme set at Kirkley High School in Lowestoft, Suffolk.

He had his first hit single, Checkin' It Out, after he appeared on the show in 2006.

Suffolk Police said it was not treating the death, reported on Monday, as suspicious.

The force was called to an address in Union Road, Lowestoft, at around 11:45 GMT to reports a man had died suddenly, a spokeswoman said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32038895

Subject: Re: Rock School star Lil' Chris found dead

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/24/15 at 1:02 pm

I have vaguely heard of him but cannot say I am familiar with him.

This is still not nice though. RIP Chris.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/25/15 at 4:48 pm

Never heard of him, but sad he died so young.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 7:18 am

Singer Lil' Chris took his own life after struggling with the "difficulties and problems" caused by fame, an inquest has heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-35521902

Subject: Re: Rock School star Lil' Chris inquest result

Written By: Redhairkid on 02/08/16 at 2:04 pm

This pressures of fame thing is a load of ould bullfrog to me, Philip and here's why:

They chose the life, nobody forced them into it. And they have a lot more freedom than the average worker who is usually either poorly paid, works long hours, works in a dangerous job or works for a crap boss. Occasionally, even a combination of those. I worked for the boss from Hell for 20 years. Okay, maybe they chose that life too but nobody asks to be low paid or bullied.

And too many of them are quick enough to take the perks of fame and quicker still to take the money yet don't have the magaĆ­rli to toughen up and accept the bad with the good.

As any athlete will tell you, if you can't take the pace, don't run the race.

Written By: nally on 02/12/16 at 2:05 pm

I have vaguely heard of him but cannot say I am familiar with him.

I can't say I'm familiar with him either, but it really is sad that he died so young. :\'(

This is still not nice though. RIP Chris.

Ditto.

Check for new replies or respond here...