inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Welsh actor Roger Rees, star of Cheers and The West Wing, has died, aged 71.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/11/15 at 5:38 am

Mr Rees, who was born in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, won Tony and Olivier awards in 1982 for his title role in the The Life And Adventures Of Nicholas Nickleby.

He played Robin Colcord, a millionaire love interest for Rebecca Howe (Kirstie Alley) in 1980s comedy Cheers.

He was also the British ambassador Lord John Marbury in US political drama The West Wing from 2000 to 2005.

Subject: Re: Welsh actor Roger Rees, star of Cheers and The West Wing, has died, aged 71.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/11/15 at 12:30 pm

AW, MAN! I hate hearing this kind of thing, especially about a fellow Welshman(my ancestors came to the states from there).
Still, I was a big fan of Cheers and found Roger to be hilarious on The West Wing. Please burn all copies of 'Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot" to preserve his memory, although I did enjoy his comedy in Mel Brooks's 'Robin Hood: Men In Tights'. For those of you who are A&E fans, if you never saw their original film 'The Crossing', about The Colonial Army's raid on Trenton in 1776, I suggest you check it out, Roger was XLNT in the role of General Mercer, Washington's best friend.
Cheerio Roger, you shan't be forgotten, as long as Norm's bar tab remains unpaid! ;)

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

P.S.: Say hello to John Spencer for us in Heaven. And NO, he won't be playing the butler! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...