inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Melody Patterson of "F-Troop" Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/15 at 9:50 am

Actress Melody Patterson, who played the role of "Wrangler Jane"  :-* in the series F-Troop, has passed away at the age of 66 from multiple organ failure, news wires are reporting. She passed away a couple days ago on the 20th; apparently she was staying at a nursing home.  No word on exactly what her ailment was, although I read where several years ago she broker her back and never fully recovered.

She was only 16 when she first appeared as Jane.  Later she married Hawaii Five-O heartthrob James MacArthur, who previously had been married to Big John, Little John cutie Joyce Bulifant.

:\'(

http://img5.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/8/j/8jhabcw18w9uw8uc.jpg?djet1p5k

Subject: Re: Melody Patterson of "F-Troop" Passes Away

Written By: gibbo on 08/23/15 at 2:41 am

Actress Melody Patterson, who played the role of "Calamity Jane"  :-* in the series F-Troop, has passed away at the age of 66 from multiple organ failure, news wires are reporting. She passed away a couple days ago on the 20th; apparently she was staying at a nursing home.  No word on exactly what her ailment was, although I read where several years ago she broker her back and never fully recovered.

She was only 16 when she first appeared as Jane.  Later she married Hawaii Five-O heartthrob James MacArthur, who previously had been married to Big John, Little John cutie Joyce Bulifant.

:\'(

http://img5.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/8/j/8jhabcw18w9uw8uc.jpg?djet1p5k

Sad news indeed! One of my favourites from the 60's.  Although, I think she was called 'Wrangler Jane' (not Calamity).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/27/15 at 9:40 pm

Oh no!  She was such a wonderful "Wrangler Jane" - too young to go  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Melody Patterson

Written By: gibbo on 08/30/15 at 6:28 am

I didn't realise that she was only 16 when she won that part (and lied about her age). They had to cool the romance between Jane and Wilton until she turned at least 17!  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...