inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Judy Carne, Laugh-In "Sock it to Me" Girl, Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/07/15 at 6:09 pm

Legendary variety show entertainer Judy Carne, famous for her catch phrase "Sock it to Me" on Rowan & Martin's Laugh In, has passed away at the age of 76.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/judy-carne-dead-laugh-in-sock-it-to-me-1201587506/

Judy also had the distinction of being Burt Reynolds' first wife, from 1963 to 1965.  8)

Subject: Re: Judy Carne, Laugh-In "Sock it to Me" Girl, Passes Away

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/15 at 6:11 pm

I am sadden by this news, for she is one of my childhood memories, I was allowed to watch "Rowan & Martin's Laugh In".  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/07/15 at 6:16 pm

Been a bad day today as I had to post the obits of Dex Osama, Martin Milner, Jean Darling, and now Judy Carne.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/07/15 at 6:40 pm

How sad.

Whenever I think of her, I think of one skit-other than Sock it to me (couldn't find it on YouTube).

"Hello, I'm your talking Judy doll. Press my little button and I hit you, hit you, hit you.
Hello, I'm your talking Judy doll...."

The button was located in a certain spot.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/08/15 at 2:44 pm

Legendary variety show entertainer Judy Carne, famous for her catch phrase "Sock it to Me" on Rowan & Martin's Laugh In, has passed away at the age of 76.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/judy-carne-dead-laugh-in-sock-it-to-me-1201587506/

Judy also had the distinction of being Burt Reynolds' first wife, from 1963 to 1965.  8)

R.I.P Judy Carne. :(

Written By: nally on 09/08/15 at 2:46 pm

R.I.P Judy Carne. :(

She was a great performer on Laugh-In. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...