inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Merv Adelson producer of Dallas, dies aged 85

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 6:18 am

Merv Adelson, who co-founded Lorimar and produced some of the biggest TV hits of the 1980s including The Waltons, Dallas and Falcon Crest has died at the age of 85.

The son of a grocery store owner, at the age of 22, he opened a 24-hour supermarket in Las Vegas. He moved into property, before founding his production company with his partner Lee Rich in 1968.

The pair had huge success with the family drama The Waltons, which ran for ten seasons. His other successes included Alf, Dallas spin-off Knots Landing and Full House, as well as the Richard Gere movie An Officer and a Gentleman in 1982..

A series of bad investments throughout the 90s forced him to declare bankruptcy in 2003. However, the four-time married Adelson - twice to TV host Barbara Walters - told Variety in 2005: "I'm having more fun now than I've ever had in my entire career."

Subject: Re: Merv Adelson producer of Dallas, dies aged 85

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/10/15 at 11:23 am

He can now hang out at that big ranch in the sky, along with Miss Ellie, Jock Ewing, Jack Ewing, Vaughn Leland, Clayton Farlow, and ol' J. R.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 11:39 am

He can now hang out at that big ranch in the sky, along with Miss Ellie, Jock Ewing, Jack Ewing, Vaughn Leland, Clayton Farlow, and ol' J. R.  :)
Who was it that was killed/died in a shower and was reincarnated later on?

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:43 pm

Merv Adelson, who co-founded Lorimar and produced some of the biggest TV hits of the 1980s including The Waltons, Dallas and Falcon Crest has died at the age of 85.

The son of a grocery store owner, at the age of 22, he opened a 24-hour supermarket in Las Vegas. He moved into property, before founding his production company with his partner Lee Rich in 1968.

The pair had huge success with the family drama The Waltons, which ran for ten seasons. His other successes included Alf, Dallas spin-off Knots Landing and Full House, as well as the Richard Gere movie An Officer and a Gentleman in 1982..

A series of bad investments throughout the 90s forced him to declare bankruptcy in 2003. However, the four-time married Adelson - twice to TV host Barbara Walters - told Variety in 2005: "I'm having more fun now than I've ever had in my entire career."

RIP Merv. :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/10/15 at 5:15 pm

Who was it that was killed/died in a shower and was reincarnated later on?

Bobby Ewing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 5:17 pm

Bobby Ewing.
It was all a dream?

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/09/15 at 11:12 am

Not to mention executive producer Phillip Capice.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/09/15 at 11:44 am

Not to mention executive producer Phillip Capice.

Can't forget him. His name always came up on the screen at the end of every clog hanger.

Check for new replies or respond here...