inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Legendary Actress Maureen O'Hara Dies At 95

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/24/15 at 12:47 pm

Some sad news to report from Hollywood, Maureen O'Hara, known for her screen appearances with John Wayne and the Disney film The Parent Trap has died at the age of 95. Born as Maureen Fitzsimons in Dublin, she went on to have an outstanding career in the States. Other roles include Miracle On 34th Street, How Green Was My Valley and the John Wayne films The Quiet Man and McLintock. She will be missed by everybody.

www.imdb.com

Subject: Re: Legendary Actress Maureen O'Hara Dies At 95

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/15 at 1:19 pm

I always loved her. I loved The Quiet Man.

I am glad that she lived a long and prosperous life.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/24/15 at 10:49 pm

I am glad that she lived a long and prosperous life.

Cat

Agreed totally. She will be missed.

Written By: gibbo on 10/25/15 at 3:35 am

There are not many of the greats left!  Maureen was a very attractive redhead and was a favourite of mine.

Written By: holicman on 10/29/15 at 6:31 am

Agreed, not many of the greats left born in the 1920's and before.

Kirk douglas and Zsa Zsa Gabor are a few I can think of still alive born before the 1920's.

RIP Maureen O Hara

Written By: gibbo on 10/29/15 at 7:28 pm

Agreed, not many of the greats left born in the 1920's and before.

Kirk douglas and Zsa Zsa Gabor are a few I can think of still alive born before the 1920's.

RIP Maureen O Hara

;D  Not too certain if I'd class Zsa Zsa as a great!  However, Doris Day is still around as well.  There are a few left ... but the list is getting shorter by the day.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/02/15 at 4:19 pm

;D  Not too certain if I'd class Zsa Zsa as a great!  However, Doris Day is still around as well.  There are a few left ... but the list is getting shorter by the day.

I would classify Zsa Zsa old, as she is approaching 100.
My late mom was crazy about Doris Day. even though she liked Audrey Hepburn better.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/15 at 4:38 pm

I would classify Zsa Zsa old, as she is approaching 100.
My late mom was crazy about Doris Day. even though she liked Audrey Hepburn better.

My late step-father WORKED with Doris Day.

Cat

Written By: gibbo on 11/02/15 at 5:04 pm

My late step-father WORKED with Doris Day.

Cat

That must have been a real buzz.  Doris was a superstar of both film and recording for many years.  She could sing, act and dance ... a real all rounder.  I really enjoy many of her films ... Calamity Jane, the 60's comedies with Cary Grant and James Garner etc etc

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/15 at 9:57 am

That must have been a real buzz.  Doris was a superstar of both film and recording for many years.  She could sing, act and dance ... a real all rounder.  I really enjoy many of her films ... Calamity Jane, the 60's comedies with Cary Grant and James Garner etc etc

My step-father played drums for Les Brown BEFORE he was Les Brown & his Band of Renown-it was Les Brown & his Blue Devils. Doris Day sang with the band. My step-father stopped playing for Les Brown when he was drafted into the Air Force (then called the Army Air Corp) at the start of WWII.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...