inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Leatherface's massacre ends

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 11/08/15 at 5:23 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/11/08/gunnar-hansen-actor-who-played-leatherface-killer-texas-chainsaw-massacre-dies-68/75409968/

Gunnar Hansen, who brought the iconic killer Leatherface to life in the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre back in 1974, has died.

Gunnar Hansen, who played the iconic villain Leatherface in the original "Texas Chain Saw Massacre," died Saturday of pancreatic cancer at his home in Maine, his agent said. He was 68.

Hansen starred in the 1974 film that has become a classic among horror-movie aficionados and spawned a series of sequels. In the movie, friends visiting their grandfather's house are hunted by Leatherface, a chain-saw wielding maniac.

Hansen's character in the movie "is one of the most iconic evil figures in the history of cinema," said his agent, Mike Eisenstadt, who confirmed the death.

The film was restored in 4K and released on Blu-ray last year. Unlike the previous Blu-ray, the newer one is sourced from the original 16mm negatives.

The film has spawned several sequels, a remake, a prequel to that remake, and most recently (are you with me so far?) a direct sequel to the original.

Leatherface, one of many inspired by Ed Gein, paved the way for other horror icons such as Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and Hatchet's Victor Crowley.

http://falafil.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/GunnarHansen.jpg

It's been a sad year for horror. Not only is it not big at the box office right now, but this year alone, we've lost:

Betsy Palmer (Mrs. Voorhees)
Christopher Lee
Wes Craven

And now Gunnar Hansen. :(

Subject: Re: Leatherface's massacre ends

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/08/15 at 6:09 pm

This year is basically the most saddest year for horror movie fans. We lost three (four if you're into Christopher Lee's stuff) people who were freaking brilliant and were iconic for their roles/directing. I remember in the summer of 2012 when I watched the Friday The 13th saga on Epix. It was amazing, especially with Betsy Palmer with her role as Pamela Voorhees. I know she was like in her 80s when she died, but she was still brilliant. Same with Wes Craven and Gunnar Hansen.

These celebrity deaths are the only thing that I'll never forget in the 2010s. And it's just sad as sheesh.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/15 at 2:58 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/11/08/gunnar-hansen-actor-who-played-leatherface-killer-texas-chainsaw-massacre-dies-68/75409968/

Gunnar Hansen, who brought the iconic killer Leatherface to life in the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre back in 1974, has died.

The film was restored in 4K and released on Blu-ray last year. Unlike the previous Blu-ray, the newer one is sourced from the original 16mm negatives.

The film has spawned several sequels, a remake, a prequel to that remake, and most recently (are you with me so far?) a direct sequel to the original.

Leatherface, one of many inspired by Ed Gein, paved the way for other horror icons such as Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and Hatchet's Victor Crowley.

http://falafil.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/GunnarHansen.jpg

It's been a sad year for horror. Not only is it not big at the box office right now, but this year alone, we've lost:

Betsy Palmer (Mrs. Voorhees)
Christopher Lee
Wes Craven

And now Gunnar Hansen. :(

R.I.P. Gunnar Hansen. :(

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 3:29 pm

This was sad to hear about as I've always been a fan of his work, as Thomas Hewitt especially. There will never be a better actor to portray the character.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/11/15 at 3:57 pm

Sweet Baby Jesus. This is awful. RIP.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...