inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scott Weiland, Former Frontman of Stone Temple Pilots, Dies at 48

Written By: #Infinity on 12/04/15 at 5:25 am

Scott Weiland joins Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley in the category of grunge frontmen who passed on far too soon.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6785645/scott-weiland-stone-temple-pilots-dead

Scott Weiland was originally the frontman of Stone Temple Pilots from their conception 1989 until their disbandment in 2002, and again from their reformation in 2010 to 2013.  After leaving Stone Temple Pilots in 2013, he formed a solo group, The Wildabouts.  He was also the lead singer of the supergroup Velvet Revolver from 2002 to 2008.  Weiland had long suffered from substance abuse.  He was found dead at 9:00 PM Thursday on his tour bus.  He was preparing to perform a concert with The Wildabouts in Minnesota.

Subject: Re: Scott Weiland, Former Frontman of Stone Temple Pilots, Dies at 48

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/04/15 at 2:32 pm

Do they suspect it was not due to natural causes? ???

Written By: nally on 12/04/15 at 4:45 pm

Do they suspect it was not due to natural causes? ???

I was wondering that when I saw this, too. :o ???

Written By: Ripley on 12/04/15 at 6:35 pm

This is a very sad day. I had a chance to meet Scott now I wish i wouldve. I know first hand what drug abuse can do to someone as I've both been around drugs all of my life and from using them in the past as well, I know just how drugs really affect someone. Its not just to get high as some might think. But I will say it is rare for a user to not have several relapses. Scott was one to unfortunately fall victim. He was on and off of them his entire adult life. He was a great musician, father and friend. I feel for his family.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/04/15 at 9:59 pm

R.I.P. Scott, one of the great rock singers of his time, and another rocker gone too soon! :\'(

Written By: nally on 12/05/15 at 3:30 pm

Apparently the guy had been addicted to certain drugs for much of his adult life, according to the obits about him in the newspaper.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/18/15 at 11:36 am

The coroner just announced that the cause of death was an overdose of (combined) coke, meth, and booze.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...