inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Former BBC disc jockey Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/16 at 10:53 am

Former BBC disc jockey Ed "Stewpot" Stewart has died a few days after having a stroke, friends have said. Rocky Taylor, a friend of 40 years standing, said the former BBC Radio 1 DJ and Crackerjack presenter died in hospital in Bournemouth. Mr Taylor said he had been informed of his death by Mr Stewart's ex-wife Chiara. Mr Stewart's former brother in law Adriano Henney tweeted to say the DJ had died after a short illness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35273252

Subject: Re: Former BBC disc jockey Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/16 at 8:34 am

The funeral of former BBC DJ and Crackerjack presenter Ed "Stewpot" Stewart is under way in his hometown. The service for the 74-year-old, who died earlier this month a few days after having a stroke, is being held at St Peter's Church in Bournemouth. Stewart's broadcasting career spanned more than five decades, including many years on Radio 1 and Radio 2. Fellow DJ Mike Read and actress and singer Anita Harris are among the congregation.

Written By: karen on 01/31/16 at 5:01 am

I remember Stewpot Stewart as the presenter on Crackerjack rather than a radio DJ.  Though I did catch part of his Christmas show a couple of years ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/16 at 5:23 am

I remember him more for his weekend radio show "Junior Choice", but I must had watch him on " Crackerjack".

Check for new replies or respond here...