inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alan Rickman, beloved actor, 69, passes away

Written By: 90s Guy on 01/14/16 at 7:25 am

The much loved British actor Alan Rickman has died aged 69 after suffering from cancer.

Rickman, widely known for his role as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter franchise, passed away in London surrounded by his family.

His family said in a statement: “The actor and director Alan Rickman has died from cancer at the age of 69. He was surrounded by family and friends.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/alan-rickman-dead-harry-potter-actor-and-theatre-legend-dies-aged-69-a6811956.html

Subject: Re: Alan Rickman, beloved actor, 69, passes away

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/16 at 7:35 am

I just caught this news on my FB feed.

Oh no! One of my favourite cinematic voices has died!

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/16 at 7:36 am

By Grabthar's Hammer he shall be avenged!!!  :\'(

I really enjoyed his movies... particularly Die Hard and Galaxy Quest.

Written By: Ripley on 01/14/16 at 7:38 am

:( We've already lost one amazingly talented man this past week. We now lose another to the nasty c word and he was also 69. He was a great actor who will be truly missed.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/14/16 at 9:13 am

Someone posted this on Facebook and I wasn't sure I believed them, and couldn't find it on Yahoo yet, so I came here. This is tragic! Freaky too because it's like every celebrity is that about that age and dying of the same reasons. I didn't even know he'd been sick! He was a favorite actor and I loved his voice. I'll miss him.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/16 at 10:37 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Say it ain't so!!!!!

He stole the show in Robin Hood (I heard that Kevin Costner cut a lot of his scenes because well, Kevin Costner didn't want him to steal the show.) "Because it's dull, you twit. It will hurt more."

I once read that he sent a pic of him on top of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (one of the last scenes in Robin Hood) to her husband and said, "Happy Christmas." What a wicked sense of humor.

He was great in Galaxy Quest and Sense & Sensibility. Who knew he could sing when he did Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

But, of course how could you not love him as Severus Snape.

He is one of my favs and he will be missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/14/16 at 12:06 pm

http://img12.deviantart.net/f300/i/2008/356/0/5/marvin_the_robot_by_retoucher07030.jpg
I THINK YOU OUGHT TO KNOW, I'M FEELING VERY DEPRESSED.

First David, now Alan? What kind of poison does England have in its water supply!?
Clearly, I have to watch Galaxy Quest tonight in his honor, my favorite of his movies(beyond the Harry Potter series, of course). Naturally when an great actor passes, it hurts, but Alan had been in so much that he felt like an old friend. I admit I have no desire to see the original Die Hard ever again(never want to remember Alan that way), but this day I'm certain every fan wants to use McClane's famous line, but leave out the "Yippie-Ki-Yay"! Robin Hood will always be a special one to me, as well as The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. This really has me at a loss. Some people say that Ah-nuld has been the John Wayne of modern cinema, or that George Clooney is the Cary Grant, and while I sort of agree, they can't argue with me saying that Alan was the Vincent Price. Known best for bad-guy roles, but truly talented enough to play characters across the spectrum. And having said that,
Merlin's beard, I'm gonna miss him!

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/14/16 at 3:37 pm

R.I.P. Alan Rickman  :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/14/16 at 8:09 pm

Sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Alan Rickman

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/14/16 at 8:34 pm

I just watched Galaxy Quest last week. This truly breaks my heart. I'm so tired of all the great celebrities leaving us. IT's only 2 weeks into the new year, for crying out loud!  :\'(

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/14/16 at 9:18 pm

I just watched Galaxy Quest last week. This truly breaks my heart. I'm so tired of all the great celebrities leaving us. IT's only 2 weeks into the new year, for crying out loud!  :\'(

If only Tim Allen could simply call him back with those five words...
The Show Must Go On!
Alan... by Grabthar's Hammer, by the sons of Warvan, you shall NEVER be forgotten!

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/16 at 4:10 am

Alan Rickman’s iconic movies: eight beloved roles from one of Britain’s best actors.

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/alan-rickman-s-iconic-movies-eight-beloved-roles-from-one-of-britain-s-best-actors-a3156816.html

Written By: gibbo on 01/15/16 at 4:14 am

Sad news indeed. My first memories of Rickman were from Die Hard. He played a great part in Love Actually as well opposite Emma Thompson. Both were in Harry Potter...

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/16/16 at 6:18 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Say it ain't so!!!!!

He stole the show in Robin Hood (I heard that Kevin Costner cut a lot of his scenes because well, Kevin Costner didn't want him to steal the show.) "Because it's dull, you twit. It will hurt more."

I once read that he sent a pic of him on top of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (one of the last scenes in Robin Hood) to her husband and said, "Happy Christmas." What a wicked sense of humor.

He was great in Galaxy Quest and Sense & Sensibility. Who knew he could sing when he did Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

But, of course how could you not love him as Severus Snape.

He is one of my favs and he will be missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Lol, "I'll cut your heart out with a spoon!" He stole everyone's thunder. Dang it, I need to watch Robin Hood again now. Not only did he nail the role in that, but oh my was he attractive! The rock star hair, the deep voice like silk...I have to stop now or I'll need to jump in a bath tub full of ice!  :D

His role in Sweeny Todd was pure evil, he never did anything half way! I know he was a villain in Quigley Down Under and Die Hard, but Judge Turpin was downright creepy.

He was truly one of a kind.

Check for new replies or respond here...