inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prince Protege Vanity (Denise Matthews) Gone at 57

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/16 at 7:21 pm

The subject line says it all.  The artist formerly and presently known as Prince always scores hot chicks, and Vanity was one of the hottest.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/15/vanity-dies-singer-nasty-girl/

Apparently Ms. Matthews had blown out her kidneys in the early 90's from a crack addiction and had been in poor health ever since.  :-\\

RIP, Vanity...  :\'(

Subject: Re: Prince Protege Vanity (Denise Matthews) Gone at 57

Written By: Ripley on 02/15/16 at 10:03 pm

This is sad.  Too many singers gone this year, now her.  :( I grew up listening to Prince and I remember her from back then. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/16/16 at 3:02 pm

R.I.P. Denise Matthews. :(

Written By: nally on 02/16/16 at 6:20 pm

The subject line says it all.  The artist formerly and presently known as Prince always scores hot chicks, and Vanity was one of the hottest.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/15/vanity-dies-singer-nasty-girl/

Apparently Ms. Matthews had blown out her kidneys in the early 90's from a crack addiction and had been in poor health ever since.  :-\\

RIP, Vanity...  :\'(

I know "Nasty Girl", the song that her band Vanity 6 is perhaps best known for.

Sorry to hear she has gone. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/16 at 6:21 pm

I wish she wasn't known as Prince's protégé.  She was a Canadian singer and actress who was a star in her own right and I liked her better in things that Prince was not involved in.  She was great in 'The Last Dragon' and looked excellent in the Playboy issue she appeared in (which I have).

R.I.P. to a great talent

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/16/16 at 9:44 pm

My mother died in 1999 of kidney problems, so I know how Vanity's family feels. I glad at least she's made her peace with God and will be in a better place.

Check for new replies or respond here...