inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Writer Tom Whedon

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/16 at 7:25 am

Thomas Avery Whedon
August 3, 1932 - March 23, 2016 (aged 83)

My current FB Status Update reads:

Upon hearing of the passing of Joss Whedon's dad I decided to do some long over due research. I just realized I have been in love with Whedon writing my entire life! 
Joss' dad Tom was head writer for The Electric Company. I remember watching the Electric Company when I first moved to states and learned most of my English from that show.
Tom also wrote 24 eps of Alice, 5 eps of Benson, 27 eps of It's a Living and 8 eps of Golden Girls...
Tom's dad, John Whedon, worked on two eps of Leave It to Beaver; 39 eps of The Donna Reed Show, 8 eps of Andy Griffith and 7 eps of the Dick Van Dyke Show... 
I don't know how I missed this amazing legacy but in my book this elevates the Whedons... including Jed (Agents or SHIELD) and Zack (SouthLAnd)... from icons to a full fledged freaking TV Writing Dynasty! 
Sorry for your loss Joss, Jed and Zack.  May your dad Rest in Peace.

Subject: Re: TV Writer Tom Whedon

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/25/16 at 7:40 am

I wonder if Tom wrote the awesome "Love of Chair" segment from The Electric Company? ???

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/16 at 7:49 am

I wonder if Tom wrote the awesome "Love of Chair" segment from The Electric Company? ???

that I do not know.  ;D

but probably...

Written By: Howard on 03/25/16 at 7:50 am

R.I.P Tom Whedon  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...