inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nick Menza of Megadeath

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/22/16 at 2:04 pm

Legendary heavy metal drummer Nick Menza, of Megadeath, has passed away at the age of 51. He had collapsed whilst on stage during a performance last night.

http://time.com/4344293/nick-menza-megadeth-dead/

Subject: Re: Nick Menza of Megadeath

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/25/16 at 6:02 pm

Why the hell do so many legendary metal musicians have to die in this decade? I know that rock nor heavy metal isn't even presentable in this damned decade, but why do people like Jeff Hanneman and Nick Menza have to die? We're living in a generation where pop music is everywhere and there's not even diversity towards the music industry.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/25/16 at 7:27 pm

Gotta give him credit though. What better way for a heavy metal drummer to go than by dying on stage?  8)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/25/16 at 7:37 pm

Gotta give him credit though. What better way for a heavy metal drummer to go than by dying on stage?  8)

I guess a lot of people were saddened by his death, even if it was on a live concert. But still, he was a great drummer.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/25/16 at 8:01 pm

I guess a lot of people were saddened by his death, even if it was on a live concert. But still, he was a great drummer.

Oh, definitely a sad event. That said, what a way to go. Awesome.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/25/16 at 9:08 pm

Why the hell do so many legendary metal musicians have to die in this decade? I know that rock nor heavy metal isn't even presentable in this damned decade, but why do people like Jeff Hanneman and Nick Menza have to die? We're living in a generation where pop music is everywhere and there's not even diversity towards the music industry.

We also lost Wayne Static and Lemmy. Dark times for metalheads, indeed.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/26/16 at 4:20 am

Thankfully, we still have Jethro Tull.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/26/16 at 6:47 am

Those people too?! I know there's no way to stop somebody from literally dying, but I just wish that all of these deaths would stop for well-known rock musicians.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/16 at 2:53 pm

Those people too?! I know there's no way to stop somebody from literally dying, but I just wish that all of these deaths would stop for well-known rock musicians.

That's the way the world is, you live and you die.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/26/16 at 3:00 pm

That's the way the world is, you live and you die.

Yeah, but it just comes unexpected for these people.

Check for new replies or respond here...