inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cato is dead! Burt Kwouk, Pink Panther star, dies aged 85

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/16 at 12:54 pm

Burt Kwouk, who was best known for playing Inspector Clouseau's manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films, has died aged 85. He appeared in seven Pink Panther films opposite Peter Sellers as Clouseau's servant who regularly attacked his employer to keep him alert. He also starred in BBC sitcom Last of the Summer Wine from 2002 to 2010. The actor, who was born in Manchester but raised in Shanghai, was awarded an OBE in the 2011 New Year Honours List. A statement issued by his agent said: "Beloved actor Burt Kwouk has sadly passed peacefully away. The family will be having a private funeral but there will be a memorial at a later date."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36370997

Subject: Re: Cato is dead! Burt Kwouk, Pink Panther star, dies aged 85

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/16 at 6:20 pm

If I were attending the viewing I might keep my distance from the coffin. He possibly could be there in a ploy to attack an unsuspecting mourner Cato-style.  ;D

R.I.P., Mr. Kwouk... Thanks for all the laughs.  :)

Subject: Re: Cato is dead! Burt Kwouk, Pink Panther star, dies aged 85

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/16 at 5:32 am

If I were attending the viewing I might keep my distance from the coffin. He possibly could be there in a ploy to attack an unsuspecting mourner Cato-style.  ;D

R.I.P., Mr. Kwouk... Thanks for all the laughs.  :)
Cato: "It's so obvious, it's bound to be a trap."

Check for new replies or respond here...