inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'Voice' singer Christina Grimmie dies after shooting at Orlando concert

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/16 at 3:15 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertainment/orlando-christina-grimmie-shot/

Shades of Rebecca Schaffer and Selena.....  this is horribly sad and tragic.

Christina Grimmie, a young contestant who came in 3rd on Season 6 of  NBC's The Voice, was shot and killed at a meet and greet after a concert she did on Friday.
She had invited fans to come meet her after the show and a man showed up, shot her and then killed himself.

I am not familiar with her--- i never saw her season of the voice but I'm saddened by this tragedy. It's so senseless.

Subject: Re: 'Voice' singer Christina Grimmie dies after shooting at Orlando concert

Written By: 80sfan on 06/11/16 at 3:38 pm

Too many psychos out there.  :o

Subject: Re: 'Voice' singer Christina Grimmie dies after shooting at Orlando concert

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/11/16 at 4:14 pm

Shades of Rebecca Schaeffer and Selena.....  this is horribly sad and tragic.

And Theresa Saldana.

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/16 at 5:28 pm

And Theresa Saldana.

true.... but I was thinking of women who had been shot... 

Written By: nally on 06/11/16 at 5:33 pm

More like sickos... which is what I was thinking when I found out about this. :\'( :\'(

Written By: aja675 on 06/12/16 at 3:00 am

At times like these, I wish I were one so I would be more numb.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/16 at 7:47 am

true.... but I was thinking of women who had been shot...

Oh, OK. Like Dorothy Stratten.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 8:59 am

More like sickos... which is what I was thinking when I found out about this. :\'( :\'(

They're obviously all crazy.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 9:01 am

At times like these, I wish I were one so I would be more numb.

I know, that's why I turn off the TV a lot.

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/16 at 11:00 am

Oh, OK. Like Dorothy Stratten.

I forgot about her... but yeah...

Written By: Howard on 06/12/16 at 3:08 pm

I agree.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/16 at 3:09 pm

I know, that's why I turn off the TV a lot.

It's best to do that sometimes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/16 at 2:16 pm

To tell you the truth, I have never heard of this woman until I read about her tragic death. Once again, we have a senseless death because of guns in the country. When is it going to end?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/13/16 at 2:41 pm

To tell you the truth, I have never heard of this woman until I read about her tragic death. Once again, we have a senseless death because of guns in the country. When is it going to end?

Cat

God only knows.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/16 at 5:53 pm

Cat

Cain killed Abel with a rock. It ain't ever gonna end.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/16 at 6:15 pm

Cain killed Abel with a rock. It ain't ever gonna end.

So, that is a good excuse to do NOTHING!

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/13/16 at 9:31 pm

So, that is a good excuse to do NOTHING!

http://i.imgur.com/nVTMEgE.png

I'm actually pro-gun, but I gotta concede this round to you -- because yeah, that's pretty much the reasoning.  We didn't even make it a year before the snarky joke not only became reality, but it became reality with a new US High Score of 50.

Check for new replies or respond here...