inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Alf" Actor Passes Away...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/16 at 8:24 pm

Michu Meszaros, The legendary TV actor who portrayed ALF in the same-named '80s sitcom, has died.  :\'(

http://www.people.com/article/alf-actor-michu-meszaros-dead

Entertainment Weekly has confirmed that the actor was taken to a Los Angeles hospital last week after his longtime manager, Dennis Varga, discovered him unresponsive in his bathroom.

Subject: Re: "Alf" Actor Passes Away...

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/13/16 at 8:34 pm

I know this is the "Celebrity Heaven" board and all, but why the hell are there so many deaths prevailing upon it so much? Especially when it comes to very famous people like Prince, Muhammad Ali, or people who acted on famous puppets.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/16 at 8:56 pm

I know this is the "Celebrity Heaven" board and all, but why the hell are there so many deaths prevailing upon it so much? Especially when it comes to very famous people like Prince, Muhammad Ali, or people who acted on famous puppets.

Good question.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/13/16 at 9:42 pm

Good question.

We're all getting old.  The younger silents and older boomers - who were young adults when most of us younger Boomers, Xers, and older Millennials were just beginning to watch TV - are aging out of the population.  Maybe Death's not working overtime in 2016; he just took 2014 and 2015 off.

Written By: nally on 06/13/16 at 10:31 pm

I had no idea of this. I used to watch the show occasionally; never knew this was the guy who voiced him.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/16 at 4:27 am

We're all getting old.  The younger silents and older boomers - who were young adults when most of us younger Boomers, Xers, and older Millennials were just beginning to watch TV - are aging out of the population.  Maybe Death's not working overtime in 2016; he just took 2014 and 2015 off.

Death is everywhere.
Most of us try to avoid it.
Others can't seem to get out of its way.
Every day we fight a new war against germs, toxins, injury, illness, and catastrophe.
There's a lot of ways to wind up dead.
The fact that we survive at all is a miracle,
Because  every day we live, we face 1000 ways to die.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/14/16 at 10:27 am

I guess that's why there weren't a lot of celebrity deaths in 2014 and 2015. Not that it's a good thing, but it seems awkward to have a lot of well known celebrities die off from natural causes or diseases.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/16 at 2:44 pm

Michu Meszaros, The legendary TV actor who portrayed ALF in the same-named '80s sitcom, has died.  :\'(

http://www.people.com/article/alf-actor-michu-meszaros-dead

Entertainment Weekly has confirmed that the actor was taken to a Los Angeles hospital last week after his longtime manager, Dennis Varga, discovered him unresponsive in his bathroom.

R.I.P. Michu. :(

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/15/16 at 6:59 pm

never knew this was the guy who voiced him.

It's not. Michu was the guy in the full-body costume when they needed ALF to walk around, instead of using the puppet.

Paul Fusco created, operated the puppet, and voiced ALF ("Yo, Willie!"), and he's very much alive.

Check for new replies or respond here...