inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ricky Martin Gone at 62

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/16 at 4:43 pm

Just heard on the radio that Dean Martin's son, Ricky Martin was found dead at his home in Utah. He was 62 years old.  As of now there are no details regarding his death.

Back in the day, Ricky recorded with acts such as Desi Arnaz, Carl Wilson, and the rock band Dino.

Subject: Re: Ricky Martin Gone at 62

Written By: nally on 08/07/16 at 7:28 pm

I heard about this this morning. Very sad. :\'(

Obviously he is not to be confused with a Latin singer of this name, who is still alive at 44. (He'll be 45 on Christmas Eve.)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/08/16 at 5:37 am

Obviously he is not to be confused with a Latin singer of this name, who is still alive at 44.

Yeah, I could see where that could happen.

Turns out Ricky passed away on Wednesday but the news did not come out until Sunday.

Shakira Martin passed away on the same day.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 08/08/16 at 11:44 am

Turns out Ricky passed away on Wednesday but the news did not come out until Sunday.

Intresting; I don't know why it is when some deaths aren't reported on the same day. I've noticed that at times.

Shakira Martin passed away on the same day.  :-\\

I just googled the name; apparently she was a Jamaican model, who is NOT related to any of the other Martin people mentioned in this thread. And she was only 30. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/08/16 at 11:50 am

I just googled the name; apparently she was a Jamaican model, who is NOT related to any of the other Martin people mentioned in this thread. And she was only 30. :\'(

When I first saw that she passed, I thought it was Shakira the Colombian singer.  :o

Written By: nally on 08/08/16 at 11:54 am

When I first saw that she passed, I thought it was Shakira the Colombian singer.  :o

Her last name is Mebarak, not Martin, and she's only 39. She'll be 40 next February.

Written By: Howard on 08/08/16 at 3:05 pm

You always have to research first. ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/16 at 3:05 pm

Just heard on the radio that Dean Martin's son, Ricky Martin was found dead at his home in Utah. He was 62 years old.  As of now there are no details regarding his death.

Back in the day, Ricky recorded with acts such as Desi Arnaz, Carl Wilson, and the rock band Dino.

R.I.P. Ricci. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...