inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jack Riley, actor on 'The Bob Newhart Show' and 'Rugrats,' dies at 80

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/16 at 3:54 am

Jack Riley, who played a counseling client on "The Bob Newhart Show" and also voiced a character on Nickelodeon's animated "Rugrats," died Friday. The 80-year-old actor died in Los Angeles, according to his representative Paul Doherty. Besides portraying grumpy, self-absorbed Mr. Carlin on the 1970s "Newhart" sitcom and providing the voice for absent-minded dad Stu Pickles on "Rugrats" and its spinoff, "All Grown Up!," Riley appeared in the Mel Brooks films "History of the World: Part I," ''High Anxiety" and "Spaceballs."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/19/jack-riley-actor-on-bob-newhart-show-and-rugrats-dies-at-80.html

Subject: Re: Jack Riley, actor on 'The Bob Newhart Show' and 'Rugrats,' dies at 80

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/20/16 at 9:43 am

Sad to hear this!  He was a wonderful "Mr. Carlin"  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Jack Riley

Subject: Re: Jack Riley, actor on 'The Bob Newhart Show' and 'Rugrats,' dies at 80

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/20/16 at 9:50 am

Welp, may the cast of Rugrats may miss him. Although, I barely watched the show when I was little.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/16 at 5:55 pm

Jack Riley, who played a counseling client on "The Bob Newhart Show" and also voiced a character on Nickelodeon's animated "Rugrats," died Friday. The 80-year-old actor died in Los Angeles, according to his representative Paul Doherty. Besides portraying grumpy, self-absorbed Mr. Carlin on the 1970s "Newhart" sitcom and providing the voice for absent-minded dad Stu Pickles on "Rugrats" and its spinoff, "All Grown Up!," Riley appeared in the Mel Brooks films "History of the World: Part I," ''High Anxiety" and "Spaceballs."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/19/jack-riley-actor-on-bob-newhart-show-and-rugrats-dies-at-80.html

I remember him, he was the one who always worn a suit and tie, R.I.P. Jack. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 08/23/16 at 12:16 am

He was one of the greatest character actors ever.  On an episode each of the 80s TV shows St. Elsewhere and Newhart, he reprised the character of Mr. Carlin.  In the Newhart episode, his character name was never revealed, but like the St. Elsewhere episode, he was complaining about how his life was ruined by a quack in Chicago.  Still one of my favourite tv characters ever!

Check for new replies or respond here...