inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rapper Kid Cali Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/16 at 5:31 pm

Well known west coast rapper Kid Cali, who also went by the nom de rap Calioso, passed away this weekend at a Granada Hills party, from six gunshot wounds. The authorities suspect foul play and are investigating.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/rapper-kid-cali-shot-to-death-at-mansion-pool-party-7286741

Cali's birth name was Justin Lishey, and he was known to rap with luminaries such as Nipsey Hustle.

Tributes for Cali have been streaming in from players such as Snoop Doggy Dogg and Chris Brown.

Subject: Re: Rapper Kid Cali Passes Away

Written By: Willmisses2004 on 08/22/16 at 5:43 pm

Rest in Peace. :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/22/16 at 6:04 pm

Well... that's the first drive-by shooting that ever happened to a rapper since Biggie Smalls, if I'm not guessing correctly.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/16 at 6:09 pm

Well... that's the first drive-by shooting that ever happened to a rapper since Biggie Smalls, if I'm not guessing correctly.

I don't think this was a drive by job. The alleged gunman fled on foot.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/22/16 at 6:10 pm

I don't think this was a drive by job. The alleged gunman fled on foot.

Oh.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/16 at 7:25 pm

Apparently it took 45 minutes for paramedics to finally get to Kid Cali after he was shot.  :-\\

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/195403803-story

Check for new replies or respond here...