inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Headphone jack victim of assassination attempt by Apple

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/07/16 at 10:48 pm

:\'(

Apple nixes headphone jack on iPhone 7

Very foolish and irresponsible for Apple to do this. Older headphones using the classic 3.5mm plug will need a lightning adapter to plug into the new iPhone 7 that Apple has just unveiled today. Unless you wanna buy $150 wireless lightning headphones.

This sets a terrifying precedence. Wired kicks wireless's ass any day of the week, as far as sound quality is concerned; it's no contest. And besides, it all becomes analog anyway? What's the point?

And some people like me count on headphones are their primary/only hi-fi, especially when they can't afford (a) good speakers/sound system.

This is more an obit for Apple than for the 138-year-old (head)phone/AUX connector.

Subject: Re: Headphone jack victim of assassination attempt by Apple

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/08/16 at 12:39 am

I never buy iPhones.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/08/16 at 5:21 am

I read that the iPhone 7 comes with a cable adapter, so you can still plug in your Walkman ear buds.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/08/16 at 5:24 am

Well, there goes my chance of getting another set of headphones when I get a new iPhone, unless it was an iPhone 6. But with all due respect, Apple is dead to me ever since Steve Jobs died. I know that I still use their products, but it wasn't the same ever since Tim Cook (their current CEO) took over Apple.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/08/16 at 7:42 am

Well, there goes my chance of getting another set of headphones when I get a new iPhone, unless it was an iPhone 6. But with all due respect, Apple is dead to me ever since Steve Jobs died. I know that I still use their products, but it wasn't the same ever since Tim Cook (their current CEO) took over Apple.

Yep it's been a real suckfest in the post-Jobs era.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/08/16 at 7:54 am

Yep it's been a real suckfest in the post-Jobs era.

Yeah. They haven't been doing so well with their products. They cared more about their iPhones than their computers, which were important to the company ever since they were founded in 1976.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/15/16 at 10:47 am

hwMcXV0EjlY

I think anyone should watch this, if they dislike the iPhone 7.

Check for new replies or respond here...