inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Goodbye to golf legend Arnold Palmer

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/25/16 at 8:21 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/

Arnold Palmer was a sports icon of my youth.  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Arnold Palmer

Subject: Re: Goodbye to golf legend Arnold Palmer

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/16 at 8:59 pm

I am sadden by this news, for I was once a part of Arnie's Army when I followed him round when he was playing in a golf tournament in the UK.

:\'(

R.I.P. Arnold Palmer

Written By: nally on 09/25/16 at 10:49 pm

Wow, two pro sports figures gone in one day... first, the very young Jose Fernandez of MLB, and now Arnold Palmer. :\'( :\'(

R.I.P. Arnold Palmer...you were a great legend.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/26/16 at 5:05 am

RIP, Arnie.  :\'(

Arnold Palmer was to the sport of golf, what Elvis Presley was to Rock 'n Roll. He simply was The King.

My cousin taught Arnie when he was in high school. Arnie, say "Hi" to Dot for me.

Written By: Howard on 09/26/16 at 2:38 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/

Arnold Palmer was a sports icon of my youth.  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Arnold Palmer

R.I.P. Arnold Palmer. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/16 at 3:55 am

Members of the triumphant United States Ryder Cup team attended a memorial service for Arnold Palmer on Tuesday. US golfer Palmer, regarded as one of the greatest and most influential players in the sport's history, died at the age of 87 on 25 September. His private funeral for family members was last Thursday.

Check for new replies or respond here...