inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fidel Castro Dead at 90

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/16 at 5:29 am

Will post details later,  but news wires reporting that Fidel has finally been stopped.

Subject: Re: Fidel Castro Dead at 90

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/16 at 5:32 am

Latino Fox News reports that in Miami, Cuban exiles are celebrating and dancing in the streets, chanting "Cuba Libre".

Written By: Howard on 11/26/16 at 7:21 am

Latino Fox News reports that in Miami, Cuban exiles are celebrating and dancing in the streets, chanting "Cuba Libre".

I guess it's a good thing he's passed, maybe now Cubans can have more freedom.

Written By: nally on 11/26/16 at 11:56 am

Will post details later,  but news wires reporting that Fidel has finally been stopped.

I found out about it last night on the news.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/16 at 4:48 pm

If the U.S. wanted to get Castro out of power, it was obvious after I don't know how many years that the embargo wasn't working-and that pretty much cemented Castro's power on the island. If they lifted the embargo DECADES ago, the U.S. would have had influence on the Cuban people which would have weakened Castro's power over them. But, that embargo has been in place my ENTIRE life-time (and the entire life-time of most people here). And when Obama called for the end of the embargo, many Repubs screamed. If it hasn't done anything in over 50 years, do you REALLY think it would do anything for another 50?

I have to say that I am not jumping for joy at his death like some people are. I don't jump for joy at anyone's death. I know that (some of the) Cuban people loved him and my heart goes out to the people of Cuba.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/16 at 6:06 pm

I have to say that I am not jumping for joy at his death like some people are. I don't jump for joy at anyone's death. I know that (some of the) Cuban people loved him and my heart goes out to the people of Cuba.

I think they're singing "Ding, dong the witch is dead" down in Miami today.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/16 at 11:14 am

That's Miami, not Cuba.

Cat

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/27/16 at 11:51 am

No words for how the elite and world leaders are literally PRAISING him....

such HYPOCRITES...

At least Trump gave a non-PC statement on Fidel's death...

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/16 at 12:00 pm

such HYPOCRITES...

I don't agree with everything Donald says, and the way he says it, but this is one where he's amusing.  :D

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 1:37 pm

such HYPOCRITES...

The US is alone in the world in having such a hate boner for Cuba. That's not to defend Castro, but it's easy to make bellicose statements when you have nothing to lose. The rest of the world has diplomatic and economic ties to maintain. It's the same reason the US wouldn't paint Xi Jinping as a monster if he were to pass away, despite him doing similar and worse.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 2:14 pm

The US is alone in the world in having such a hate boner for Cuba. That's not to defend Castro, but it's easy to make bellicose statements when you have nothing to lose. The rest of the world has diplomatic and economic ties to maintain. It's the same reason the US wouldn't paint Xi Jinping as a monster if he were to pass away, despite him doing similar and worse.

Plus, a lot of Cubans (especially those living in America) don't really like Fidel Castro for what he did to their country since the Cuban Revolution. But that doesn't really mean America should hate them more or less.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/16 at 3:01 pm

and celebrating too.

Check for new replies or respond here...