inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jim Delagotti , the Man With the Special Sauce is Gone...

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/01/16 at 5:01 am

Pittsburgh culinary legend Jim Delagotti passed away this past Monday at the solid age of 98.  :\'(

His name may not be familiar to you,  ???  but he was the inventor of the Big Mac sandwich.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/business/michael-james-delligatti-creator-of-the-big-mac-dies-at-98.html?_r=0

Originally, Mickey D corporate people did not approve of the idea. But when they saw how many of these delectable sandwiches Jim was selling at his franchises here in Picksburgh, they relented and adopted the product across their system. And the rest is history.  8)

Subject: Re: Jim Delagotti , the Man With the Special Sauce is Gone...

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/16 at 5:02 am

I have had many a Big Mac...

:\'(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/01/16 at 5:58 am

I enjoy eating the Big Mac since I was 12. It was a delicacy that McDonald's had for a long time. It made McDonald's look unique from all the other typical 50s burger restaurants, and made competition to all the other new generation fast food restaurants (Burger King, Wendy's, etc). It actually seems surprising that Jim lived up to his late 90s. I probably thought he ate Big Macs ever since he made the thing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/16 at 7:32 am

Interviewed by the Los Angeles Times in 1993, Delligatti agreed that a double-decker burger was not his original idea, "This wasn’t like discovering the lightbulb, the bulb was already there. All I did was screw it in the socket.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/01/16 at 10:35 am

Interviewed by the Los Angeles Times in 1993, Delligatti agreed that a double-decker burger was not his original idea, "This wasn’t like discovering the lightbulb, the bulb was already there. All I did was screw it in the socket.

Well, double decker burgers were around before the Big Mac was created. Especially when it was made after the Big Boy.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/16 at 3:33 pm

I have had many a Big Mac...

:\'(

Big Macs were delicious. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/01/16 at 3:42 pm

Big Macs were delicious. :)

And they still are to this day.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/16 at 4:24 pm

And they still are to this day.

I might have one.

Check for new replies or respond here...