inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Debbie Reynolds

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/28/16 at 8:15 pm

I just got a email from yahoo stating she passed away. Damn, just a day after Fisher. This has been a horrible for Hollywood.

Subject: Re: Debbie Reynolds

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/28/16 at 8:36 pm

Well, at least she'll see her daughter in peace.

EDIT: I just saw that Debbie Reynolds voiced Charlotte in the 1973 Charlotte's Web adaptation, so I am feeling more sorrow for her.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/28/16 at 9:34 pm

Oh nooo!  That family is decimated.  So sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Debbie Reynolds

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 12:08 am

:\'(

Todd just received devistated!

Written By: Starde on 12/29/16 at 2:31 am

She died from a broken heart. This is all just so tragic. Loved her and Carrie growing up. Poor Billie and Todd. Just so so tragic. :\'(

Written By: nally on 12/29/16 at 9:01 am

Oh nooo!  That family is decimated.  So sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Debbie Reynolds

So true. She must have been in shock when her daughter died a couple days earlier... :\'( :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/16 at 12:00 pm

This is just so sad. I know she died of a broken heart. My heart goes out to Todd losing his sister & mother a day apart. And of course Billie losing her mother & grandmother. It was a one-two punch. In a way, it showed that Todd's mother loved his sister more and rather be with her than him.

I have always felt akin to Debbie because we share the same birthday. Of course she was in one of my all-time favorite movies Singing in the Rain.

Another thing I found interesting, Tammy Grimes who played Molly in the Unsinkable Molly Brown on Broadway died at the beginning of Nov. Now, Debbie who played Molly in the screen version died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3mtNZFrMY

She will be missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/29/16 at 3:53 pm

This is so sad when now everyone in your family has passed away. Who's left now? :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/16 at 4:48 pm

This is so sad when now everyone in your family has passed away. Who's left now? :(

Debbie's son Todd & Carrie's daughter Billie. Not to mention Carrie's half-sisters Joely & Trisha.

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/29/16 at 11:58 pm

I just saw that Debbie Reynolds voiced Charlotte in the 1973 Charlotte's Web adaptation.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TpRME-081TQ/T3SrryEE81I/AAAAAAABQvE/FiiH1RXpmhc/s1600/charlotte+6.jpg
"Charlotte... Charlotte!"

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/30/16 at 12:01 am

Truly heatbreaking... R.I.P. Debbie. :\'( I'll always remember her for Aggie Cromwell. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 8:39 am

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TpRME-081TQ/T3SrryEE81I/AAAAAAABQvE/FiiH1RXpmhc/s1600/charlotte+6.jpg
"Charlotte... Charlotte!"

Ha. I used to love that movie when I was little. Although, I don't know why you gave me a negative karma for that one?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/16 at 10:21 pm

The family of Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher are reportedly planning a joint memorial service.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38466856

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/31/16 at 10:23 am

Truly heatbreaking... R.I.P. Debbie. :\'( I'll always remember her for Aggie Cromwell. :)

You're familiar with Halloweentown too? I loved that series every fall. She was perfect for Aggie Cromwell.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/31/16 at 10:52 am

You're familiar with Halloweentown too? I loved that series every fall. She was perfect for Aggie Cromwell.

Oh yeah! Same here! I think I already mentioned that I remembered Debbie Reynolds from the Halloweentown movies but it was on another thread when we had just found about her death right before this thread was posted.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/17 at 1:31 pm

I had forgotten that. I loved it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/17 at 6:33 pm

Family and friends of actresses Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher have paid their respects to the mother and daughter at a private memorial service. Meryl Streep, Gwyneth Paltrow and Meg Ryan were among the guests at the ceremony at the Los Angeles home where Fisher lived next door to her mother. Star Wars creator George Lucas and British actors Stephen Fry and Eric Idle were also in attendance.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38528953

Check for new replies or respond here...