inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: William Christopher (Father Mulcahy) Gone at 84

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/31/16 at 7:31 pm

Legendary TV actor William Christopher, who played the role of Father Mulcahy on the TV series M*A*S*H, has passed away.

2016 is almost over. Thank goodness.

Mr. Christopher joins the ranks of fellow M*A*S*H-ers Allen Arbus, Wayne Rogers, Harry Morgan, Larry Linville (ferret face), McLean Stevenson,  John Orchard, Roy Goldman, Johnny Haymer, Mako, Charles Aidman, and Jack Soo.

Subject: Re: William Christopher (Father Mulcahy) Gone at 84

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 8:16 pm

We're at the nearest end of 2016, and we're still having people dying harshly? Man, that's gotta be a new record.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/31/16 at 8:17 pm

We're at the nearest end of 2016, and we're still having people dying harshly? Man, that's gotta be a new record.

And there's still ~3 hours left...  :-X

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/31/16 at 11:42 pm

Oh no!  He was a favorite of mine on M*A*S*H  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. William Christopher

Written By: nally on 12/31/16 at 11:58 pm

I thought so too.

Anyways... I remember this guy, and I watched M*A*S*H periodically. Sad to see him go too. :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/01/17 at 12:27 am

Legendary TV actor William Christopher, who played the role of Father Mulcahy on the TV series M*A*S*H, has passed away.

2016 is almost over. Thank goodness.

Mr. Christopher joins the ranks of fellow M*A*S*H-ers Allen Arbus, Wayne Rogers, Harry Morgan, Larry Linville (ferret face), McLean Stevenson,  John Orchard, Roy Goldman, Johnny Haymer, Mako, Charles Aidman, and Jack Soo.

Marcia Strassman (Lt. Margie Cutler on the show before playing Mrs. Kotter) also died.

RIP, Padre. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/17 at 2:17 am

Christopher also played on Hogans Heroes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/17 at 1:36 pm

So sad.

M*A*S*H is probably the ABSOLUTE BEST series EVER!!!! Father Mulcahy was one of my favorite characters (Col. Potter & Klinger were my other two favs).

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/25/17 at 11:49 pm

At least where he's going, he'll never run into Ferret Face Burns or the Ill Wind Col. Flagg(played by the late Edward Winter).
I've probably mentioned this before, but even to this day, 30+ years after MASH ended its run, William still could not walk down a street in any major U.S. city without someone passing him and saying, "Hello, Father." Now THAT'S an indelible impact.

The Padre was one of my favorite characters on the show, which leaves me only four words to say to William Christopher:
Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...