inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robert Osborne (TCM host) dies at 84

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/06/17 at 5:37 pm

TCM’s Robert Osborne dead at 84; classic movie fans in mourning

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-robert-osborne-dies-20170306-story.html

Robert Osborne, a former actor for Desilu and the longtime face of Turner Classic Movies, has died at 84.

As a cinephile, this one stings. His encyclopedic knowledge of film is invaluable. RIP

Subject: Re: Robert Osborne (TCM host) dies at 84

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/06/17 at 6:42 pm

I was wondering why I hadn't seen him on the network in awhile. RIP, Bob.

Written By: Ripley on 03/06/17 at 7:13 pm

No!!!! This is going to upset my Grandma :(

Written By: nally on 03/06/17 at 9:19 pm

Just found out about this. Sad to see him go... :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/07/17 at 3:51 am

First it was Siskel. Then Ebert. And now Osborne.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/07/17 at 2:43 pm

TCM’s Robert Osborne dead at 84; classic movie fans in mourning

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-robert-osborne-dies-20170306-story.html

Robert Osborne, a former actor for Desilu and the longtime face of Turner Classic Movies, has died at 84.

As a cinephile, this one stings. His encyclopedic knowledge of film is invaluable. RIP

R.I.P Robert Osbourne.  :\'(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/07/17 at 9:24 pm

I cried like a damn baby about this. Robert Osborne was as big to me as MJ.
I mean I'm a daily TCM watcher, so Robert was in my room almost every day. I revered him, respected him, wanted to know as much about film as him. He introduced me to so many different films and genres and stars. It's odd I've never met him, but felt almost like he was family I saw him so much.  You just don't know what kind of a void this leaves to me. I've loyally watched TCM since I was 12. Robert introduced the very first silent film I ever watched--Nosferatu--I mean I have so many memories of tuning in and hearing his soothing voice. Of going to the film screenings and seeing his specially recorded foreword.
He may not have been a star like those he presented, but Robert was a star in his own right.
And now with him gone, Hollywood is dimmer and Heaven is brighter.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...